Self-direction with a safety net.
You’re busy, but you still have goals! Our spring half-marathon training program accommodates your need for flexibility and allows you to take complete ownership of your own progress. But never fear, we’re still here with all the support, tools, and motivation and for 2023 even more personalization! This program is for seasoned veterans AND those making the leap to the half-marathon distance (13.1 miles).
Whatever your goal, experience level, or pace, our professionally designed and coach-led program has got you covered. Improve on your time and performance with a structured and organized training plan within a socially minded, fun environment.
Our no-obligation program Kick-Off and Open House is scheduled for Sunday, March 5th, 2:00 - 4:00PM. Have questions before you decide the program is a fit? Bring those Qs and get answers!! Christian from #Karhu will be joining us. Demo the shoes you have a chance to win just for being a part of the fun!
What Participants Get |
- 3 levels of training programs. Select from and follow our professionally designed beginner, intermediate, or advanced 10-week program
- Office Hours: schedule a 30-minute in-person or virtual consultation with Head Coach & Fleet Feet Running Club Manager to get your training started on the right foot. ($40 value)
- The first 50 registrants will get a FF Training Notebook to track your progress ($5 value)
- 10% OFF a locked-in $80 Cellcom Green Bay Half-Marathon registration rate ($8 - $19 value)
- 5 program participants registered by 3/5/23 will be randomly selected to win a FREE pair of Karhu Ikoni shoes ($140 value)
- 5x newsletters with motivational and educational content, special offers & more. These will come every two weeks with tips and reminders.
- Week-day accountability. We encourage you to find what fits your schedule, but you are always welcome to train with others at our:
- Tuesday night Pub Runs at 6:00 PM, Mr. Brews Taphouse in Appleton
- Two weekend group runs for those longer distances with pacers to help you stay on track
- First group workout is Saturday, March 18 // Sunday, March 19
- 2 ‘Field Trip’ opportunities will allow you to preview the Cellcom Half-Marathon racecourse (specific dates to be announced; one Saturday and one Sunday will be offered)
- Consistent training format, making time for weekly warm-ups, strength, and cool-downs
- Access to the Running Club Manager, head coach & mentors, and extended Fleet Feet Team. We are here for you!
2x Weekend Supported Group Runs |
- Saturdays at 7:30 AM at The Plaza, in Neenah
- Sundays at 8:15 AM at Tempest Coffee Collective in Appleton
Program Duration| 10 weeks, starting the week of March 12, 2023 – Race Day (Sunday, May 21, 2023)
Target Race | 2023 Cellcom Green Bay Half-Marathon
- Early Bird Registration (Before 1/15/2023) $35
- Regular Registration (1/15 – 3/5/2023) $45
- Late Registration (After 3/5/2023) $ 50
Base Mileage Recommended: This is an accelerated training program; its length is shorter than the typical half-marathon build-up. To assure you stay healthy and injury free for the duration of the program, we recommend you have a minimum existing fitness foundation of a 3-mile weekly long run and an 8-10 mile weekly average coming into the program.
This training program is sponsored by:
What does it mean to have a “Supported” Group Run?
Our weekend long runs will be led by a Coach and possibly several pacers, depending upon how many people are in attendance. All weekend routes will be mapped out in advance and those routes will be available for you to access and follow. Routes beyond 6 miles will have a water station set out, although we encourage individuals to carry their water to make sure they have what they need when they need it.
I already signed up for the race. Is it too late to take advantage of the 10% OFF?
Nope. Once registered for the training program, we will be in touch with the race organizers to get everyone’s discount codes. If you are already signed up, you will receive a credit for the difference.
Can I train with you if I live outside of the Fox Valley?
Absolutely! The program is set up for flexibility. We offer programs and group workouts but ultimately, it’s set up to be self-directed. You can use the 30-minute 1-on-1 session with a Coach at the start of the program to line up resources and more local groups if you’re looking for in-person support. Participants can come to 1 or all the weekend long runs, so we will make sure you’re set up for success.
What kinds of resources will you be providing on race day?
We will have a VIP tent for before and after the race. The Coaches will be there to answer any last-minute questions and get you warmed up as a group. This will also be a great place for you to meet up with family or friends supporting your race efforts, especially if the weather is less than ideal.
What other tools will you be offering towards the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon?
We are planning several Run with Race Director events this spring and will share fun challenges along the way. Our participants will have access to event updates, to our Ask-a-Coach platform we are working on, and any additional promotional events/activities we come up with as our premier spring marathon gets closer.
Cellcom Half Marathon Training: March - May
From walking & running, to summer speedwork & winter miles, we have something for everyone!
Make An Appointment
Schedule a shoe fitting or sports bra fitting here. Walk-ins are welcome but we strongly recommend an appointment!
6 Reasons to join Share the Run
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Sports Fox Valley