Big Run 5K Training Program Presented by Brooks is being offered as a celebration of the sport of running and in preparation for Global Running Day Festivities. This Big Run 5K Training Program Presented by Brooks is for a limited time and at a special discount price. Group Runs will meet at our North Fleet Feet Fort Wayne Store located at 1549 West Dupont Road , Fort Wayne , IN. 46825. This is a 9 week Couch to 5K training program that will culminate with our goal race being the The Big Run 5K Race presented by Michelob on June 7th. We are offering the Big Run 5K Training Program Presented by Brooks as one time offer for this year. This Big Run 5K Training Program Presented by Brooks ( a $95 value) will be offered at only $25 for a limited time with limited spots available. This is a running and/or walking program designed for all levels of runners and walkers. This 9-week program for both beginners and experienced runners will provide motivation to help you cross the finish line on June 7, 2023. With this Big Run 5K Training Program Presented by Brooks you will receive a specially designed weekly training program, two hosted group run workouts per week, a special Brooks Big Run Training Tech Shirt, a one time 20% discount on purchases at Fleet Feet which is good for the first 30 days of training and motivation from our RRCA Certified coaches and mentors. And finally you will get to experience the camaraderie of running or walking and training with others like you all towards a common goal.....Priceless!
- Season Starts: Thursday, April 13, at 6:30 PM
- Season Logistics: Thursdays at 6:30 PM at Fleet Feet Fort Wayne North and Saturdays at 8:00 AM at Fleet Feet Fort Wayne (alternating SW, North, and offsite)
- Goal Race: The Big Run 5K presented by Michelob
What to expect at our Workouts:
Each week will have a slightly different focus - breathing, form, nutrition, etc. Below is an example workout and how our weekly topics are discussed during the training:
- Weekly Topic (Mini-Form Clinic, Nutrition Sampling, Product Demonstration, etc.)
- Find your pace groups
- Group Dynamic Warmup
- Prescribed route for the day - you'll have turn-by-turn directions if necessary and mentors leading your group
- Optional Cool down stretching with your group
Run/Walk Interval Running:
There are many benefits to using a run/walk method in your training. We encourage beginning runners to start using a Run/Walk interval in our Beginner 5K training programs - it's a great way to get started. But using a Run/Walk interval is not just for beginners - it’s an excellent tool to help you build endurance and help you cross the finish line of your next race. Some of the benefits include:
- Decreased chance of injury. The run-walk method causes less wear and tear on the body, decreasing the chance of injuries. Continuous use of muscle will result in fatigue much quicker. This method will allow a runner to go farther and/or longer before fatigue sets in.
- Quicker recovery. With less wear and tear on the body also comes quicker recovery after a run.
- Breaks up distances into manageable units. Running is as much mental as it is physical – especially when you get into the distance races. Using the run-walk intervals will help with those long distances. Running 3 miles just seems impossible. But breaking it down by running for a set number of minutes, it’s much more manageable.
- Motivating for new runners. This method allows just about anyone to run any race they want. It doesn’t matter your age, weight, gender, or physical ability. You can be a runner. As you start off slow, you can work your way up to running for a longer amount of time and having fewer walk breaks.
What is included in the program?
- Access to expert coaching and encouraging mentors
- A training plan that also includes workouts for the days you do not have a group workout
- Weekly newsletters going over the week's workouts and focus
- Info sessions including but not limited to good form, foam rolling, nutrition, etc.
- Access to a closed Facebook group to interact with the other participants and coaches
- Special store discounts just for Fleet Feet Running Club members
- A Fleet Feet Running Club shirt
Have questions? Reach out to Sara, our training program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to run with us? Register.