Back by popular demand Rock Runners Training Program. Our Rock Runners training program is a trail program designed to accommodate any runner, new and experienced trail runners are welcome. Trail running offers a fun challenge and is a refreshing way to get outdoors and explore nature. Although your pace may suffer a little off-road, every step you take challenges your hips, quadriceps, and calves, which helps improve balance, strength, and foot turnover. The bonus: Because of the softer terrain, trail running offers a lower risk of injury than running on hard roads or paved paths. This program is designed to get you ready for an 11 Mile loop at The Huff 50K, there is an option for a 3 person relay as well. The trail is easy enough to be a good first-time trail course; technical enough to give an advantage to seasoned trail runners. Measure yourself against time, distance, and Mother Nature! We recommend being able to run 4 to 6 miles comfortably at your desired pace on the road or treadmill before taking part in this program. We will visit and have planned field trips to several trails in Northeast Indiana in or near Fort Wayne. Chain of Lakes, Fox Island, Lindenwood Nature Preserve, Franke Park....just to name a few.
- Social distancing is highly encouraged, please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others outside of your own household.
- Please have a mask with you to be worn before and after the group run, especially if you plan to come into the store or use the common area.
- You must provide your own water bottle and carry your own water, we will have individually packaged water available on the long runs to refill or drink but this will not be available on every run and should not be counted on for your sole source of hydration.
- Please self monitor for symptoms and stay home if you have a temperature or any sign of illness.
- Season Starts: Thursday, October 12, 2021, at 6:15 pm
- Season Logistics: Tuesdays at 6:15 pm and Saturdays at 8:00 am
- Goal Race: 11 Mile loop of The Huff 50K, December 18, 2021
What to expect at Saturday Long Runs?
The Saturday Long run focus is on time on your feet. We use the long run to build up our endurance so that we can finish our distance races healthy and happy! Overall, these long runs should be at a very easy pace. We don’t want to race through the long runs because it will ultimately come to us feeling like we’ve ‘raced’ every weekend - our bodies will be tired and it increases the likelihood of injury. You can expect your Mentors to lead the way and help set the pace. These long runs are fully supported with a Key Drop, Water and Nuun (electrolyte drink), turn-by-turn directions, and access to your Coaches for questions, advice, etc. We’re also going to have opportunities to run portions of the course so that we’ll be ready on race day!
What is included in the program?
- Access to expert coaching and encouraging mentors
- A training plan that also includes workouts for the days you do not have a group workout
- Info sessions including but not limited to good form, foam rolling, nutrition, etc.
- Access to a closed Facebook group to interact with the other participants and coaches
- Special store discounts just for Fleet Feet Running Club members
- A Fleet Feet Running Club shirt
Have questions? Reach out to Sara, our training program coordinator, at email@example.com