The Summer /Fall 2023 Half Marathon Training Program is a 12-week program that meets two times a week and is designed to prepare runners and walkers for their first-ever endurance event or for athletes looking for a new PR, this program can truly be adapted to anyone's needs at any level. This program will educate on endurance training principles, hydration and nutrition techniques, body awareness, pacing, and running autonomy. This Summer/Fall 2023 season will be geared towards the Fort 4 Fitness Half Marathon but can be used and adapted to any Fall Half Marathon you may choose.
- Season Starts: Tuesday, July 11, 2023
- Season Ends: September 26, 2023
- Season Logistics: Group Runs on Tuesdays at 6:30 PM at Fleet Feet Fort Wayne Southwest and Saturdays at 8:00 AM ( Subject to change depending on weather) at either Fleet Feet Fort Wayne Southwest or Fleet Feet Fort Wayne North ( Alternating locations every other Saturday)
- Goal Race: Fort 4 Fitness Half Marathon
What to expect at Weeknight Workouts:
The focus of the weeknight workouts is to work on our speed and power when running. Whether you’re looking to finish your first distance race or your fastest distance race - building a speed workout into your training is important. You work different muscle groups (fast twitch vs. slow twitch muscles), build endurance in your legs and lungs, and it helps keep our workouts from getting stale. We focus on pace and effort during these workouts.
What to expect at Saturday Long Runs:
The Saturday Long run focus is on time on your feet. We use the long run to build up our endurance so that we can finish our distance races healthy and happy! Overall, these long runs should be at a very easy pace. We don’t want to race through the long runs because it will ultimately come to us feeling like we’ve ‘raced’ every weekend - our bodies will be tired and it increases the likelihood of injury. You can expect your Mentors to lead the way and help set the pace. These long runs are fully supported with a Key Drop at the store, turn-by-turn directions, and access to your Coaches for questions, advice, etc.
Our groups are open to anyone! Yes, anyone. Your coaches will help give you suggested training paces once in your group! A general breakdown of our groups are as follows:
8:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00 training pace
10:00 - 11:00 training pace
11:00 - 12:00 training pace
12:00 - 13:00 training pace
13:00 - 15:00 training pace (Run/Walk Interval Group)
We recommend coming into the training to be able to run or run/walk 4 Miles.
What is included in the program?
- Access to expert coaching and encouraging mentors
- A training plan that also includes workouts for the days you do not have a group workout
- Info sessions including but not limited to good form, foam rolling, nutrition, etc.
- Access to a closed Facebook group to interact with the other participants and coaches
- Special store discounts just for Fleet Feet Running Club members
- A Fleet Feet Running Club performance shirt
Have questions? Reach out to Sara, our training program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to join us? REGISTER