The Fall 2021 Half Marathon: FINISH Training Program is an 11 week program that meets two times a week and is designed to prepare runners and walkers for their first ever endurance event or for athletes who want a training program with less volume. This program will educate on endurance training principles, hydration and nutrition techniques, body awareness, pacing and running autonomy. This Fall 2021 season will be geared towards the Fort 4 Fitness Half Marathon. Due to the current situation, the training meeting schedule is subject to change at any time, and there is the possibility that this race could be postponed, cancelled, or transitioned into a virtual experience.
- Social distancing is highly encouraged, please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others outside of your own household.
- Please have a mask with you to be worn before and after the group run, especially if you plan to come into the store or use the common area.
- You must provide your own water bottle and carry your own water, we will have individually packaged water available on the long runs to refill or drink but this will not be available on every run and should not be counted on for your sole source of hydration.
- Please self monitor for symptoms and stay home if you have a temperature or any sign of illness.
- Bathroom use is limited to the public common area only.
- No communal food will be provided or available.
- Group will be broken down into smaller groups to avoid a large gathering.
- Season Starts: Tuesday, July 6, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- Season Ends: September 18, 2021
- Season Logistics: Tuesdays at 6:30 PM and Saturdays at 7:00 AM at Fleet Feet Fort Wayne
- Goal Race: Fort 4 Fitness Half Marathon
What to expect at Weeknight Workouts:
The focus of the weeknight workouts is to work on our speed and power when running. Whether you’re looking to finish your first distance race or your fastest distance race - building a speed workout into your training is important. You work different muscle groups (fast twitch vs. slow twitch muscles), build endurance in your legs and lungs, and it helps keep our workouts from getting stale. We focus on pace and effort during these workouts.
What to expect at Saturday Long Runs:
The Saturday Long run focus is on time on your feet. We use the long run to build up our endurance so that we can finish our distance races healthy and happy! Overall, these long runs should be at a very easy pace. We don’t want to race through the long runs because it will ultimately come to us feeling like we’ve ‘raced’ every weekend - our bodies will be tired and it increases the likelihood of injury. You can expect your Mentors to lead the way and help set the pace. These long runs are fully supported with a Key Drop at the store, turn-by-turn directions, and access to your Coaches for questions, advice, etc.
Our groups are open to anyone! Yes, anyone. Your coaches will help give you suggested training paces once in your group! A general breakdown of our groups are as follows:
8:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00 training pace
10:00 - 11:00 training pace
11:00 - 12:00 training pace
12:00 - 13:00 training pace
13:00 - 15:00 training pace (Run/Walk Interval Group)
We recommend coming into the training being able to run or run/walk 4 Miles.
What is included in the program?
- Access to expert coaching and encouraging mentors
- A training plan that also includes workouts for the days you do not have a group workout
- Info sessions including but not limited to good form, foam rolling, nutrition, etc.
- Access to a closed Facebook group to interact with the other participants and coaches
- Special store discounts just for Fleet Feet Running Club members
- A Fleet Feet Running Club performance shirt
If in person group training cannot occur due to local/state mandate, capacity limitations, mandatory group quarantine by Fleet Feet (in the case of a training group member testing positive for Covid-19), or any other reason not listed here, a virtual training program alternative will be offered instead. In the case of a race cancellation, we will hold a finishers event at Fleet Feet Fort Wayne using self reported times. We will not offer refunds. Deferral of your training program to the following calendar year will be allowed in cases of personal inury or illness that requires you to sit out from at least 50% of the program (10 meeting dates), a written doctors note or equivalent will be required in order to defer.
By participating in a Fleet Feet training program, you risk exposure to the novel coronavirus and/or development of COVID-19. You expressly and specifically assume such risks associated with the novel coronavirus and/or COVID-19, including any and all risk of injury, harm, or loss that may incur as a result of participating in a Fleet Feet training program.
Have questions? Reach out to Sara, our training program coordinator, at email@example.com
Ready to join us? Register