Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Running Club Mentor?
We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our 5k (3.1 miles) and 10k (6.2 miles) programs!
We are also seeking run mentors for our Half Marathon (13.1 miles) and our Full Marathon (26.2 miles) programs!
The Fleet Feet Running Club Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Fort Mill. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- Offer positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- Promote safety and providing support during workouts
- Running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- Educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet offers
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has run or walked at least 2 races (distance unimportant)
- Is able to attend 80% of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach
- Is not currently in-training for a specific goal or is willing to train before/after training group workouts
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to be a Fleet Feet Fort Mill store ambassador
- Attend end-of-season goal race, helping and encouraging our participants to reach the finish line!
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Camaraderie and support from fellow runners!
- Mentors will receive swag and other perks!
If you believe you would be an excellent mentor for a Fleet Feet Running Club training group, please fill out the form below.