The trails are calling, and Fleet Feet Folsom has a Trail Training Program to help you get out there! This program has everything - experienced coaches, a goal-based training schedule, and weekly runs that will introduce you to many different local trailheads. We will share information on the important components of trail running, fueling, and hydration for the demands of the trail…it’s different than on the road! This program is meant for anyone from the beginning runner to the experienced runner who may just want to escape the pounding of the pavement and focus on softer terrain and beautiful scenery.
The program will culminate with a Half Marathon (13.1 mile) Training Run!
Not sure if Trail Training is for you? Tune in to our Trail Training Info Session at 6pm on Wednesday, September 16th via FaceBook Live!
- 9-week daily training schedule with goal-specific workouts
- In-store coupons
- Weekly training newsletter with training tips, workout locations, and more!
- E-mail support – the coaches will answer individual questions regarding training and running related issues
- Clinics on nutrition, footwear/gear, stretching, and injury prevention
- Personalized workout plans - have a goal, we'll help get you there!
- Helpful tips and advice on "Race Day" strategy and preparation
- $10 credit to the Training Store
- Trail Training Info Session on Wednesday, September 16th at 6pm via FaceBook Live
- First group workout on Wednesday, September 23rd at 6:00pm
- Weekly group workouts: Wednesdays 6pm & Sundays 7:00am
- Workout locations
- Wednesday: Cavitt Middle School in Granite Bay
- Sundays: trails local to Folsom, CA (no longer meeting in Auburn State Recreation area)
- Registration Fee- $150.00
Minimum Activity Level
- Ability to run-walk/run 4 miles and currently exercising 3-5 times per week.
- New this year – no pace minimum. From the Rabbit to the Turtle, we’ve got you covered!
- Changes for 2020:
- No longer parking or running anywhere in Auburn State Recreation areas, due to permit restrictions
- Will be meeting at various trails in the Folsom area, and parking in public areas/lots
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: We will be keeping a close eye on local government mandates in regard to COVID-19; procedures will be implemented based on current recommendations when the training program begins. As of now, these are the guidelines we will follow:
- Participants will be assigned a staggered start time for subgroups of less than 10 people
- Participants will check in with their coach then be assigned a marked spot to maintain distance between participants for warm ups
- During the run we will avoid congested areas when possible and run single file to be courteous of others space on the path
- Refrain from hugs, high fives, fist bumps, etc.
- You may wear a mask before or after the workout if it makes you more comfortable, but it will not be required due to distancing outdoors
- We advise against wearing a mask during the workout due to increased side effects with increased respiration
- No water coolers, cups, or nutrition products will be provided due to shared nature