Welcome to Fleet Feet Folsom & Roseville's Marathon Training Program. This program is designed to help both new and experienced runners reach their marathon goals in a positive and fun group environment.
This training program lines up with the date of the California International Marathon, but it is also a great program for anyone looking to build their running endurance with an encouraging group.
While this marathon training program is filled with perks at its core – experienced coaches, goal-based training plans, insights from experienced marathon insiders, and premium race day experiences – it is really about building a community of people who share a passion and want to work together to reach their goals. This program is about encouraging and motivating one another to do your best. Whether you are looking to finish, improve, or perform, this program will leave you a smarter, healthier, and happier runner.
Not sure if Marathon Training is for you? Tune in to our Info Session on Wednesday, August 5th at 6pm via Facebook Live.
Training Program Benefits
- Twice weekly group workouts led by expert coaches and awesome mentors
- Daily training schedule with goal-specific workouts
- Weekly training newsletter with training tips, workout details, and more!
- E-mail support – the coaches will answer individual questions regarding training and running related issues
- Clinics on nutrition, apparel/footwear, injury prevention, and stretching
- In-store coupons
- Personalized workout plans - have a goal, we'll help get you there!
- Helpful tips and advice on Race Day strategy and preparation
- Lots of Encouragement and Motivation!
- Access to purchase items from our Fleet Feet Training Store
- VIP perks at CIM race such as shuttle and heated tent
- Official CIM Training Program shirt included
Training Program Logistics
- Info Night on Wednesday, August 5that 6pm via Facebook Live
- Follow Fleet Feet Folsom & Roseville on Facebook!
- First group workout on Saturday, August 8that 7am in Folsom
- 2 Weekly group workouts on Wednesdays @ 6pm and Saturdays @ 7am
- Each run is on the banks of scenic Lake Natoma and the American River
- Limited to 100 participants
- Program Fee $199
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: We will be keeping a close eye on local government mandates in regard to COVID-19; procedures will be implemented based on current recommendations when the training program begins. As of now, these are the guidelines we will follow:
- Participants will be assigned a staggered start time for subgroups of less than 10 people
- Participants will check in with their coach then be assigned a marked spot to maintain distance between participants for warm ups
- During the run we will avoid congested areas when possible and run single file to be courteous of others space on the path
- Refrain from hugs, high fives, fist bumps, etc.
- You may wear a mask before or after the workout if it makes you more comfortable, but it will not be required due to distancing outdoors
- We advise against wearing a mask during the workout due to increased side effects with increased respiration
- No water coolers, cups, or nutrition products will be provided due to shared nature
- Participants should remain outdoors and will not be permitted into the store to use the bathrooms
- Participants may shop in the store during normal business hours by entering the front of the store
Minimum Activity Level
- Ability to run-walk/run 7 miles and currently exercising 3-5 times per week.
- Ability to run or run-walk at a 13:44 min/mile pace or faster (same as the maximum pace allowance on Race Day)
There are no refunds at any time, except in the event that training is cancelled due to COVID-19.
Registration fee does not include race entry fee.
Questions about the program? Email Coach Rochelle at firstname.lastname@example.org