Welcome to Fleet Feet Folsom & Roseville's California International Marathon (CIM) Training. This program is designed to help both new and experienced runners reach their marathon goals in a positive and fun group environment.
The California International Marathon - CIM takes place on Sunday, December 5th, 2021. This 26.2-mile run starts in Folsom and ends at our state's capitol building! This race has a net elevation loss and is one of the country's best Boston Marathon qualifiers! It is a fast marathon course and a great first or 20th marathon course.
While this marathon training program is filled with perks at its core – experienced coaches, goal-based training plans, insights from CIM insiders, and premium race day experiences – it is really about building a community of people who share a passion and want to work together to reach their goals. This program is about encouraging and motivating one another to do your best. Whether you are looking to finish, improve or perform, this program will leave you a smarter, healthier, and happier runner.
Not sure if CIM training is for you? Come to our CIM Training Program Info Session on Wednesday, August 4th at 6pm @ Fleet Feet Folsom.
CIM Training Program Benefits
- Twice weekly group workouts led by Coach Rochelle
- Daily training schedule with goal-specific workouts
- Weekly training newsletter with training tips, workout details, and more!
- E-mail support – the coach will answer individual questions regarding training and running related issues
- Clinics on nutrition, apparel/footwear, injury prevention, and stretching
- In-store coupons
- Hydration and nutrition samples provided at select workouts
- Personalized workout plans -have a goal, we'll help get you there!
- Helpful tips and advice on Race Day strategy and preparation
- Lots of Encouragement and Motivation!
- Official CIM Training Program shirt included
CIM Training Program Logistics
- Head Coach: Rochelle G.
- CIM Info Night on Wednesday, August 4that 6pm @ Fleet Feet Folsom
- Ice Breaker Workout on Saturday, August 7that 7am
- 2 Weekly group workouts on Wednesdays @ 6pm and Saturdays @ 7am
- Limited to 100 participants
- Program Fee $200
CIM Minimum Activity Level
- Ability to run-walk/run 7 miles and currently exercising 3-5 times per week.
- Ability to run or walk-run at a 13:44 minute/mile pace or faster (same as the maximum pace allowance on Race Day)
I started running in 2003 when the challenge of a triathlon piqued my interest. I loved the variety and challenge of multi-sport training. After competing in several triathlons and duathlons, I transitioned into long distance running with Shamrock’n being my first half marathon. I have since experienced the joy of racing countless 5k, 10k, 15k, half marathon, marathon, 50k and 50 mile trail runs.
Running brings me great joy and I love sharing the sport with others and my family. I began coaching in 2010 as a youth cross country coach for kids ages 9-13.
I joined the Fleet Feet coaching team in 2017. I have had the honor of coaching:
- Limitless 5k/10k program
- Shamrock’n Half Marathon group
- Youth Summer Running program
- Spring Trail 10k/half marathon program
- CIM Marathon training program
- Summer Speed School
I enjoy encouraging both new and experienced runners to accomplish their goals. I am always continuing my education to be the best coach and mentor possible. RRCA level 2 and USATF certifications are in progress. Together we can train smart, have fun and cross the finish line!
I started running about ten years ago. I could run about one minute at a time before I had to stop and walk. After a couple of years, I decided to go to school to become a personal trainer. While I learned a ton and really enjoyed the experience, it turns out that one-on-one personal training is not for me. I started coaching our Fleet Feet Obstacle Course Race Training Program in 2016, where I found my passion. I get to combine my love of running with functional fitness training, helping people reach goals they may not have ever expected. I also ran my first marathon that year, which I had previously sworn I would never even attempt! I’m so glad that I did.
My mission is to help people on their journey to more strength, confidence, and courage to take on any challenge that gets in their way!
Questions about the program? Email our training programs directors: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no exchanges or transfers at any time.
Registration fee does not include race entry fee.