The trails are calling, and Fleet Feet Folsom has a Trail Training Program to help you get out there! This program has everything - experienced coaches, a goal-based training schedule, and weekly runs that will introduce you to many different local trailheads. We will share information on the important components of trail running, fueling, and hydration for the demands of the trail…it’s different than on the road! This program is meant for anyone from the beginning runner to the experienced runner who may just want to escape the pounding of the pavement and focus on softer terrain and beautiful scenery.
The goal race at the end of the 10-week session will be Knickerbocker Canyon Trail Run on March 28, 2020.
Not sure if Trail Training is for you? Come to our Trail Training Info Session at 6pm on Tuesday, January 14th, at the Fleet Feet Folsom store.
- Race Perks: discount code for our goal race. You will receive the code upon registering for this program so that you can score the lowest race price!
- 10-week daily training schedule with goal-specific workouts
- Skratch Labs hydration and nutrition samples provided at select workouts - our coaches' favorite!
- In-store coupons
- Weekly training newsletter with training tips, workout locations, and more!
- E-mail support – the coaches will answer individual questions regarding training and running related issues
- Clinics on nutrition, footwear/gear, stretching, and injury prevention
- Personalized workout plans - have a goal, we'll help get you there!
- Helpful tips and advice on Race Day strategy and preparation
- $10 credit to the Training Store
- Trail Training Info Session on Tuesday, January 14th at 6pm @ Fleet Feet Folsom
- First group workout on Sunday, January 19th at 7am
- Weekly group workouts: Tuesdays 6pm & Sundays 7:00am
- Workout locations –Tuesday workouts will be held at Cavitt Middle School in Granite Bay; Sundays will be held on the trails of Granite Bay, Cool, and Auburn
- Registration Fee- $150.00
Minimum Activity Level
- Ability to run-walk/run 4 miles and currently exercising 3-5 times per week.
- New this year – no pace minimum. From the Rabbit to the Turtle, we’ve got you covered!
- Several of our Sunday runs launch from areas where it’s necessary to pay to park your car. These areas will be equipped with pay stations where you may deposit $10-12 in exchange for a day-use pass to be displayed on your dashboard. We highly encourage carpooling to make these mornings even more fun AND economical. Alternatively, you may purchase a Golden Poppy Annual Day Use Pass here. If you choose to do so, this pass will pay for itself by the end of our program. Also, we are so confident that you’ll love running in our State Parks that you’ll use this pass well beyond the length of our program.
Looking to add Strength Training to your weekly routine? Check out our brand new add-on program, Strength Training for Runners! This add-on program is limited to 30 people, and will be available exclusively to participants registered for one of our Spring Running groups for the first 30 days (11/27-12/27). Sign up today to reserve your spot!
If you are interested in multiple Fleet Feet Training Programs throughout the year, head over to our VIP Training Package page to see if it is right for you!
Our goal is to help you achieve your training and race goals! Meet our coaching staff
Have a question about one of our programs or anything training related? Send our Training Director, Amy Weatherford an email HERE.