Welcome to Fleet Feet Folsom & Roseville's California International Marathon (CIM) Marathon 26.2 Training Program. This program is designed to help both new and experienced runners reach their marathon goals in a positive and fun group environment.
The California International Marathon - CIM takes place on Sunday, December 8th, 2019. This 26.2 mile run starts in Folsom and ends at our state's capitol building! This race has a net elevation loss and is one of the country's best Boston Marathon qualifiers! It’s a fast marathon course and a great first or 20th marathon course.
While this marathon training program is filled with perks at its core – experienced coaches, goal-based training plans, insights from CIM insiders, and premium race day experiences – it is really about building a community of people who share a passion and want to work together to reach their goals. This program is about encouraging and motivating one another to do your best. Whether you are looking to finish, improve or perform, this program will leave you a smarter, healthier and happier runner.
Not sure if CIM training is for you? Come to our CIM Training Program Info Session on Thursday, August 8th at 6pm @ Fleet Feet Sports Folsom.
CIM Training Program Benefits
- Twice weekly group workouts led by expert coaches and awesome mentors
- Daily training schedule with goal-specific workouts
- Weekly training newsletter with training tips, workout details, and more!
- E-mail support – the coaches will answer individual questions regarding training and running related issues
- Clinics on nutrition, apparel/footwear, injury prevention, and stretching
- In-store coupons
- Skratch Labs hydration and nutrition samples provided at select workouts – our coaches’ favorites
- Personalized workout plans -have a goal, we'll help get you there!
- Helpful tips and advice on Race Day strategy and preparation
- Lots of Encouragement and Motivation!
- Access to our Fleet Feet Training Store (for an additional fee)
- $10 credit to the Training Store
CIM Training Program Logistics
- CIM Info Night on Thursday, August 8th at 6pm @ Fleet Feet Folsom
- First group workout on Thursday, August 15th at 6pm in Old Folsom
- 2 Weekly group workouts on Thursdays @ 6pm and Sundays @ 7am
- Each run is on the banks of scenic Lake Natoma and the American River
- Limited to 100 participants
- Program Fee $150
CIM Minimum Activity Level
- Ability to run-walk/run 7 miles and currently exercising 3-5 times per week.
- Ability to run or walk-run at a 13:44 minute/mile pace or faster (same as the maximum pace allowance on Race Day)
Meet your coaches, Rochelle and Darren, here.
Questions about the program? Email Carrie Hyatt, our Training Director, HERE>There are no exchanges or transfers at any time.Registration fee does not include race entry fee.