The Courses : For course maps - click on "Course Maps" button above.
- The swim setting is right off of a postcard.
- The race begins with a beach start at the Pinehurst Marina.
- The course is a triangular shaped course in beautiful Lake Pinehurst .
- The water temperature is normally in the 70s making wetsuits legal.
- The bike course at Pinehurst is a challenging test - rewarding stronger cyclists.
- The course is a pure one loop design.
- There are no large hills on the course - but a constant series of moderate hills and rollers. The road surfaces are for the most part very smooth.
- The run course is tough.
- There are lots of small rolling type hills, but there are also plenty of flat sections.
- It's a wonderfully picturesque course - as the one-loop 6.2 mile course circles Lake Pinehurst on quiet residential streets.
- There's lots of shade, as you run past beautiful homes, the lake, and parts of the Pinehurst golf courses.
- Aid stations will be located every mile (water & energy drink).