Lace up those shoes and join us! The Fleet Feet Des Moines 5K program has FOUR groups to meet your individual training needs & goals.
THE NEXT SESSION OF 5K TRAINING BEGINS ON AUGUST 11 @ 6PM!
There will be an informational Open House on August 10 at Fleet Feet Des Moines at 6pm, where you can meet mentors, coaches, & other participants and ask any questions you may have regarding this training.
When are the Group Training Sessions? Tuesday Nights @ 6:00pm and Saturday Mornings @ 8:15am
Where do we meet? All sessions will start from Fleet Feet Des Moines
How much does this program cost? $75 per participant (not including race entry fee).
1. No Boundaries -- A traditional couch-to-5K program for beginners.
This program uses a walk/run approach to steadily build up endurance over a 10-week period of time. It is ideal for runners who:
- want to run their first 5K
- want to run their first 5K in a while
- are new to running and fitness
- are unsure they can complete a 5K, but are willing to challenge themselves.
All levels of walkers and runners are welcome. Our dedicated coaches will be there with you every step of the way, regardless of your pace.
2. Step Up – Advanced-beginner runner
The goal of this group is to build speed and endurance to attain a faster finishing time for the 5K race. The program uses walk/run intervals to increase endurance and introduces training to increase speed. This group is for runners who want to complete a 5K faster than their current time using run/walk intervals
3. Challengers 5K -- The Challengers training plan continues to build endurance using run/walk intervals until runners can complete a 5K without walking.
Ideal for runners who:
- can comfortably run 4 minutes without walking
- Have a goal of completing a 5K without walking
4. Next Strides 5K -- Advanced 5K Training Pgrogram
Next Strides provides runners with conditioning exercises over a 10-week period to enhance strength and speed. Ideal for runners who:
- can comfortable run a 5K without walking
- want to speed up their pace
- have a time-based goal for a 5K
As part of our 5K training programs, all participants will receive the following:
Twice weekly coached sessions Tuesdays at 6:00pm Saturdays at 8:00am
Weekly emails with coaching information
Friendly volunteer mentors to keep you on track and provide encouragement, support and their experience
Prepared training routes
Group support / group environment
Fleet Feet Des Moines training tech shirt
New friends who are working to do the same things you are!
Fun and an awesome sense of accomplishment
Race-ready in time for the Des Moines 5K Run With the Police