Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. This terrific 13.1 mile distance is challenging and yet achievable. We have an exceptional coaching staff to lead you in your training. Pace groups, speedwork, and specific training plans will enable anyone who can currently run 3 miles to finish their first half marathon or improve over previous performances.
Dates: INFORMATION ON THE NEXT SESSION OF HALF MARATHON TRAINING COMING SOON!
There will be an informational meeting on July 22 @ 6pm
This group is ideal for:
- Runners completing their first half
- Runners looking for a group environment while training
- Runners who haven’t run a half in a while
What you get:·
1. Twice weekly coached sessions-
- Tuesdays, 5:45pm: Focus on running faster – Hills, Speedwork, Fartleks, Tempo runs
- Saturdays at 7:45am: Focus on running longer - Long Steady Distance (will shift to 7:30 in the warmer months)
2. Weekly emails with coaching information
3. Friendly pace-setters to keep you on track and provide encouragement, support and their experience
4. Prepared training routes
5. Hydration and support services on longer runs
6. Group support / group environment
7. Fleet Feet Des Moines Half Marathon training tech shirt
8. New friends who are working to do the same things you are!
9. Fun and an awesome sense of accomplishment
10. Race-ready in time for the IMT Des Moines Half Marathon
Prerequisite: Able to run 3 miles at 13:30 per mile pace or faster