August 22, 2015 at 5pm
Run from Fairview Park to Oakwood Block Party
Consociate Dansig and Fleet Feet Sports Presents Run United 5K Oakwood Block Party!
Join us for the Inaugural Run United 5K point to point race to the Oakwood Street Festival. Runners will begin at Fairview Park by the Main Pavilion, down the bike path and up to W. Main Street (Eastbound lanes will be closed for runners) and cross the finish line at the Oakwood Block Party! Everyone is encouraged to join the after race party at Fleet Feet Sports and listen to live music at the Oakwood Block Party after!
Running route: Start at Fairview Park - Pavilion #1 and cross the finish line on Oakland (middle of Oakwood Block Party)
Time: 5 pm race start and we are shutting down the party at 8 pm
• After race party at Fleet Feet Sports parking lot with food and beverages!
• Complimentary shuttle service provided before and after race by Fleet Feet Sports.You can park your car by Fleet Feet Sports and we can shuttle you to the race start. Last shuttle to Fairview @ 4:30 PM. Make sure to arrive prior to 4:30 PM !
• $25 gift card to Fleet Feet Sports for overall male and female winner. Age group winners get at $10 Fleet Feet Sports gift card, second place gets a $5 one and third place gets a coupon to a local business.
• Entry includes a really nice red Brooks Tech T that alone retails for $24. A chip timed race by our friends at It's Race Time. A wrist band for access to our post race party including Urban Chesnut beer, Jimmy Johns sandwiches, University Dogs weiners, LSB appetizers and other snacks.
$25 registration fee. Registering early ensures your first choice of shirt size! Registration includes access to the post party!
• We will have packet pick up at Fleet Feet Sports Friday, August 21 from 3 - 7 pm and Saturday, August 22nd from 3 - 4:15 pm
• You can also register for the event during the packet pick up times for the same $25 fee. We might run out of some shirt sizes though.
• Proceeds benefit United Way of Decatur & Mid-Illinois and Oakwood Business Association
Make sure and visit the Run United Facebook page for more updated information!
Clip of the route: