Fit Matters. And at Fleet Feet, so does your happiness!
If an item you purchased at a Fleet Feet store or on fleetfeet.com doesn't make you happy by the way it performs, looks, or fits, you can return it within 60 days. It's our promise to you!
Thank you for shopping at FLEET FEET Sports!
At FLEET FEET Sports Adams Morgan, your passion is our business. We believe that when true FIT is achieved, performance follows. We call this our FITlosophy.
We will help you reach your goals by combining the best quality athletic footwear, apparel, and accessories with the knowledge to best apply them to your needs. We call this our FIT PROCESS.
FIT Process: Footwear
Fit Process: Bras
How does your bra measure up?
Did you know that 60-80% of women wear the wrong size bra - are you one of these women? Life and body changes like weight loss or gain, pregnancy and breast feeding are just a few of the factors that may change your breast shape and size.
Did you also know that:
- There are two essential pieces of equipment for women: 1. Sports Bras 2. Shoes;
- Women should be fit for a bra at least once a year;
- The average life span of a sports bra is 6-12 months; and
- Not all bras are created equal. There are three main categories of bras - compression, compression/encapsulated & complete encapsulation. Getting fit properly will help you to determine which type is best for you.
What makes a good sports bra?
A good sports bra provides superior breast support, comfort and moisture management. Consider the following information when shopping for your next running/walking bra:
- Does your bra minimize breast movement in one of two ways: 1) By compression - where the breasts are held against the chest wall to limit motion; or 2) By encapsulation - where the bra is engineered to surround and support the breasts?
- Is your bra proportioned and contoured to minimize chafing - meaning the straps don't dig into your shoulders, the band around the lower chest doesn't shift or bind, and threads are soft and plush to minimize skin irritation?
- Is your bra made from materials that manage moisture allowing the bra to wick, breathe and act as a quick-drying product?
Fit Process: Apparel
Good equipment is not noticed, yet it can make all the difference. Athletic apparel can be light or heavy, windproof, waterproof or breathable, moisture managing or wet, performance cut or fitness cut, natural or synthetic. Our team of FITlosophers will help you assess your apparel needs based on your individual FITness goals and make recommendations for the pieces that will FIT you best. From socks to hats and from triathlon to yoga, FLEET FEET Sports Adams Morgan has all of your apparel needs covered.
Fit Process: Inserts
Fleet Feet Sports Adams Morgan carries many insoles to help cushion and support your feet and align your body. We carry supportive inserts by CURREX, Spenco, Superfeet, SOLE, and Powerstep, as well as a full line of inserts by Sof Sole. Like feet and shoes, insoles come in different shapes and ranges of flexibility. Our knowledgeable staff will take you through our FIT Process and help you find the right insert to best suit your foot, addressing any problems or injuries you might have along the way.