Quad Cities! Jackie, Sydney, Ginny, Ivy and I are thrilled to be serving this growing community through the many offerings at our store! The opportunity (as a family) to step back into the community that helped develop in me the beginnings of my passion as a runner was one that we could not pass up. Our great aim is to offer unparalleled service and expertise via our incredible staff team, present an unrivaled selection of the industry's leading brands and products and to meaningfully engage, in a tireless fashion, a community of runners, walkers, on-my-feet-all-day-ers, and non-profit entities in need of a strong partner and advocate. We understand the importance of the right FIT, be it your footwear, apparel, accessories, or running group. Our operation has little to do with us, and much to do with YOU! Briefly, a little more information on our family: Ivy is the newest addition to our family. She was born 6 weeks early and spent some time in the NICU in Iowa City and although she is tiny she is mighty! Ginny is 6 and will do any puzzle you put in front of her. She is one of the most affectionate and passionate people on the earth. Sydney is 8 and loves to run whenever she can. She also loves to be a mother hen to the younger two and the enforcer of rules whenever possible! Jackie is from Ames but grew up a hardcore Hawkeye fan despite intense persecution from 2000-2004. She gladly attended the University of Iowa and has completed several half marathons. She can bake anything but specializes in homemade cinnamon rolls and a variety of chocolate chip cookies. I (Phil) ran my first Bix 7 at age 11 alongside my mother, and quickly fell in love with the sport. I attended Davenport Assumption HS, the University of Iowa, and have, in one way or another, been working in running specialty retail since graduation. Please, stop in the store, send us a note, or find us on the trails or at the city parks; we can't wait to meet YOU!
Store Operator & Owner
- Hometown: Davenport, IA
- # of years running: 17
- Current Training Shoe(s): Saucony Type A6, Nike Zoom Streak, Saucony Kinvara
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Duck Creek Recreation Trail, Sunderbruch Park
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: I hope to inspire, encourage, and enable individuals in the Quad City area to reach their personal wellness goals and find joy in being a part of a greater community of runners, walkers, and others.
- Food weakness: Most all of it.
- Personal mantra as a runner: Not a huge mantra guy; I'll occasionally recite/recall Scripture mid-run.
- Running goal: Prolong the days where I feel like I'm getting faster/stronger with age; I know, however, they are numbered...
- Currently training towards: Bix, Dam to Dam, Chicago Marathon
- Running highlight: Finishing well (at all, really) at 2013 Ironman Wisconsin
- Running low point: My first and only DNF/dropout in a race at the 2015 Wildcat 50k
Retail Experience Manager & Owner
- Hometown: Ames, IA
- # of years running: 15
- Current Training Shoe(s): Saucony Ride, New Balance Zantes, Brooks Ghost
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Duck Creek Recreation Trail towards Emeis
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: I hope to make everyone feel welcomed, valued, and appreciated right where they're at, whether "fit", far from it, or on some sort of journey from one to the other!
- Food weakness: Warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven.
- Personal mantra as a runner: Something is always better than nothing!
- Running goal: After baby, my goal is to break 20:00 in the 5k!
- Currently training towards:
- Running highlight: Training for and completing the Pigman Sprint Triathlon (Palo, IA)
- Running low point: Finishing second-to-last in the 800m at the Iowa High School State Track Meet
Buyer, Inventory Manager, Training Programs Coordinator
- Hometown: Clarence, IA
- # of years running: 8
- Current Training Shoe(s): Saucony Ride, Brooks PureGrit
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Illiniwek & Wildcat Den
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: To help everyone on their wellness goals whether it's through finding the right footwear, encouraging them in a training program, or introducing them to a great community of runners.
- Food weakness: Tacos, pizza, coffee, IPAs
- Personal mantra as a runner: "It's ok to struggle but it's not ok to give up on yourself or your dreams."-Gabe Grunewald
- Running goal: having fun & seeing cool places
- Currently training towards: nothing right now, just enjoying trail running
- Running highlights: Tunnel Marathon near Seattle, WA. The most beautiful course through the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, a huge PR and I felt great/happy the whole way.
- Running low point: Chicago Marathon 2015. I didn't train, it hurt. I don't recommend doing that.
Fit Specialist & Fleet Feet Running Club Manager
- Hometown: Strausstown, PA
- # of years running: More seriously, 3 years
- Current training shoe(s): Saucony Ride ISO
- Favorite run spot in the QC: The bridges, or trails
- Personal mission statement as a FF employee: I hope to help even one person find the ultimate shoe that changes running for them
- Food weakness: All of it!
- Personal mantra as a runner: So many! "It doesn't get easier, you get stronger" "Any run is better than no run"
- Running/training goal/training for: I always said Boston, but now I just want to be strong and keep pushing limits, whether in a 5k or 50k.
- Running/training highlight: QC Marathon this year was a happy race that I truly enjoyed. But Hennepin was a challenge beyond physical and that finish line was so emotional.
- Running/training low point: NJ Marathon, April 2018. After so many weeks of hard training, feeling my best ever, and then having my legs just fall apart and not knowing why. I cried on that course and collapsed in pain and disappointment at the end.
- Hometown: Dekalb, ,IL
- # of years running: Running for 7 years
- Current training shoe(s): Saucony Ride, Saucony Kinvara, Hoka Cliftons
- Favorite run spot: Sylvan Island & Stephens Park Trails
- Mission statement: To help grow the QC running community
- Food weakness: Cookies
- Mantra: Love every step
- Training for: Augustana College cross country and track
Hometown: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Hometown: Dunlap, IL
# of years running: 11years
Current Training Shoe(s): Nike Infinity React, New Balance 1080, Skecher's GOrun Razor 3, Brooks Launch, Nike Vaporfly Next%
Favorite run spot in the QC: Credit Island
Personal mission statement as an FF employee: I hope to equip customers with the tools necessary to have the most fun while on their feet.
Food weakness: dates and peanut butter
Personal mantra as a runner: Have fun with friends and see how fast I can get
Running goal: PR at all distances and on all surfaces
Currently training towards: 5k and 10k on the track
Running highlights: -getting a PR at the 2019 Indianapolis Marathon and celebrating with my family after the race
-everday running at Augie with my best friends and a legendary coach, Paul Olsen
Running low point: getting a stress fracture in my sacrum during my 5th year at Augie and having to take 8 weeks off of running
Hometown- Evergreen Park, IL
- Hometown: Bettendorf, IA
- # of years running: 10
- Current Training Shoe(s): Karhu Ikoni, Nike Pegasus Turbo 2, Nike Terra Kiger 5
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Crow Creek Park or any of the bike paths in Bettendorf or Davenport.
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: To provide the best possible product and knowledge to customers.
- Food weakness(s): Ice Cream, beer, food in general.
- Personal mantra as a runner: When it gets hard, push a little harder.
- Running goal: To break 40 minutes at the Bix
- Currently training towards: Running longer, faster!
- Running highlights: Definitely running at the DIII National Cross Country meet my sophomore year of college.
- Running low point: My senior year of college track season I had a knee injury that forced me to end my collegiate career early.