Fast Rabbits Running Club
Let us help your children discover a love for running!
- Only one in three children are physically active every day.
- Less than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day; only one in three adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week.
Fleet Feet + FrontRunner are here to buck the trend, and have a whole lot of fun along the way! The Fast Rabbits Youth Running Club offers participants the opportunity to participate in regular physical activity and to learn about healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- What: Fleet Feet's Summer of Run Club
- WHO: Boys and Girls of ALL abilities entering grades 3rd through 8th.
- WHEN: Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday - Attend as many or as little each week as you like! We get started June 4th and end on August 8th, and celebrate at the August 16th Fleet Feet Summer of XC Meet!
- TIME: 6:30pm-8:00pm (Arrive at 6:15pm)
- WHERE: Three convenient locations!
- Tuesdays- Sharon Woods
- Wednesdays- McCord
- Thursdays- Highbanks
- Cost: Only $75!!!
- Tuesday, May 28th at Fleet Feet Polaris at 6:30pm - Click here to RSVP!
- Camper Receive the following:
- 10 Weeks of Club Workouts (three per week)
- Summer of Run Club Singlet
- Summer of Run Club Shirt
- Summer of Run Club Drawstring Bag
- Summer of Run Club Water Bottle
- Entry into Fleet Feet's Summer XC Series
- Summer of run gear will be available during the first week of the season!
The focus of the club is to introduce participants to different types of running/training (i.e. road running, trail running, track workouts and circuit training), as well as fun activities. The program will also have a heavy focus on form running with the use of a modified version of the Mach form running drill series.
The Fast Rabbits Youth Run Club in an ten-week program, which includes daily plans for 60 minutes of physical activity (i.e. running drills, dynamic warm-up, running, games, and post workout stretching) to be implemented each week. Runners will learn about and experience hands-on activities relating to different areas of running and a healthier lifestyle.
Along the way we will have fun "race" experiences, culminating in the FREE XC MEET on Friday, August 17th at Thomas Worthington High School!
For being a part of the Fleet Feet Sports Youth Running Camp, participants will receive 20% off shoes and apparel in any of our 3 locations to ensure the running experience is a positive one. Happy feet make the difference!
* Have a highschool student interested in volunteering as a counselor this summer?
Click here for our online counselor application.