2016 Fleet Feet Elite Racing Team Sponsored Athlete Information and Criteria
For the aspiring elite runner residing in the immediate Columbus area
- While race times are not the only determining factor, the following qualifying times need to have been achieved in the last 12 months for consideration:
- Men: 15:40 5K; 25:45 8K; 32:45 10K; 54:00 10 Mile; 1:12 Half Marathon; 2:33 Marathon - OR you are eligible if you meet any of the age-graded standards linked here.
- Women: 17:40 5K; 29:00 8K; 36:45 10K; 1:02 10 Mile; 1:24 Half Marathon; 2:59 Marathon - OR you are eligible if you meet any of the age-graded standards linked here.
Team Racing Goals:
- High-Level Columbus Area Races: OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon, Emerald City Half Marathon, Nationwide Children's Columbus Marathon
- Fleet Feet Sports Signature Races
- Regional & National Target Races including USATF Championship event
Sponsored Athlete Benefits
- Access to race comps for the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon, Emerald City Half Marathon, Nationwide Children's Columbus Marathon
- Race comps and guaranteed spots in Fleet Feet Sports Signature Races
- Race comps to select races that Fleet Feet Sports sponsors (subject to availability)
- Shopping events for Nike products. 20% discount on in-stock items (any brand) at Fleet Feet + FrontRunner
- Weekly team runs and workouts
- Access to Fleet Feet Race Team and Marathoners in Training coaching
- Team tents at over 20 local races
- Additional support available for those who qualify for USA National and Olympic team trials
- Training Product – (estimated value $1200)
- 2 pair training shoes
- 1 pair racing flats
- Nike Warm-up jacket and pant
- Nike Training shirt and shorts
- Nike Racing singlet and short
Requirements and Expectations
- Act as a brand ambassador for Fleet Feet Sports + FrontRunner, & Marathoners In Training (MIT), including but not limited to:
- Mentoring the non-sponsored athletes on the team
- Inviting people into the Fleet Feet Sports community
- Inviting people to participate in Fleet Feet Sports store events and races
- Being active on Fleet Feet Sports social media outlets discussing racing, training, gear, motivation, etc.
- Being considerate of the Fleet Feet Sports and Marathoners in Training brands on social media with respect to not promoting competing organizations (race, training, or retail)
- Submit training/racing plan for the year
- Must compete in official team uniform, no exceptions
- Must wear Nike apparel at all team events & related activities
- Must compete in eight (8) designated team races (final list TBD)
- Must be or become USATF member with team designation as Fleet Feet Sports
- Must attend team workouts and events on a regular basis
- Must be an active member of the Fleet Feet Sports running community
- Make yourself available to participate in Fleet Feet Sports / Marathoner In Training (MIT) / Nike running programs and initiatives
- Volunteer at a minimum of 2 Fleet Feet Sports events
- Commit to train and race with a winning attitude
- Be able to function in a team atmosphere
- Ability to have fun
- Contact Andrew Kessinger (email@example.com)
- You will be sent an online application. Please be prepared to provide your running history, 2015 race results, race goals / plan for 2016 and comments on how you will be able to enhance the Fleet Feet Sports, Marathoners In Training (MIT) and Nike brands by being a member of this team.
- Upon approval making the team, members are required to sign annual Fleet Feet sponsorship agreement.
** Team members will be selected as applications are received. Spots on this team are limited and based on the calendar year.