READY TO SWIM, BIKE, AND RUN?
Join us for our 2016 Triathlon Clinics this July 7, 14, 21, and 23 (open water swim clinic)!
Whether you are tackling Ironman 70.3 Ohio this August or training for a sprint, Olympic, 70.3 or 140.6 triathlon this summer or fall, you'll benefit from our Triathlon Clinics! We have dedicated coaches from all three disciplines who will be walking you through everything you will need to know...from training to race day!
Each clinic will feature an in-depth discussion about all five disciplines (swimming, cycling, running, transitions, and nutrition) by experienced triathlon coaches who are also experience triathletes. They'll discuss what works for training and race day, mistakes they've made in the past so that you can avoid them, and how to best utilize your training miles for success on race day.
We will also have an open water swim clinic at Alum Creek State Park on Saturday, July 23, 2016. We will have a mini-triathlon course set up so that you can practice your transition strategy as well as incorporating all of your training into a trial run.
We will get you race-day ready!
Clinics will start at 6:30pm at Fleet Feet Polaris on the following dates. And, as you would expect from a group of triathletes, there will definitely be free beer!
- Thursday, July 7, 2016
- Triathlon Basics - learn the basics of swimming, cycling, running, transitions, and nutrition!
- Thursday, July 14, 2016
- Triathlon 2.0 - learn the benefits of drill work and proper form in swimming, the benefits of the aero-position for cycling, the benefits of speed work and cross training for running, and how to dial in your nutrition plan during training!
- Thursday, July 21, 2016
- Race Day Ready - learn the key points to becoming a great open water swimmer, the benefits of intervals and long rides for cycling, how not to "bonk" on the run, and the best strategies for a race-day nutrition plan!
- Saturday, July 23, 2016
- Open water swim clinic and triathlon trial run will be at Alum Creek State Park. join us at 8:30am as we jump in and practice the swim, the transitions, and take a triathlon trial run to ensure you are ready for race day!
What does it cost?
What do I get?
- Participant shirt
- 3 in-class clinics
- 1 Open-water, transition clinic
- Free Beer!
ABOUT OUR COACHES
Cycling - Coach Wes is a 5 time Ironman Finisher, 3 time USAT Age Group Qualifier along with competing in numerous Sprint, Olympic, Half Ironmans. Coach Wes’ “A” race for 2016 is Race Across America endurance race. Wes has coached first timers as well as USAT World Qualifiers and athletes of every level in between. He is a Certified USA Triathon, USA Cycling, CrossFit L1 coach. Wes is the founder of No Limits Hammer Harder Coaching and is the lead Bike Fitter at OhioHealth Sports Medicine.
Swimming - Coach Betsy is a 6 time Ironman finisher, Ironman All World Athlete, USAT All American and Open Water Swimmer. She has coached athletes with a wide range of abilities, ranging from first-time triathletes that didn’t know how to swim, to Ironman triathletes competing for a slot at the World Championships. Betsy is a Level I certified USA Triathlon coach, a Level 3 USA Cycling Coach and a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor. She is the founder of Excel At All Three Multisport Coaching and is a Research Scientist at Battelle Memorial Institute.
Running and Drinking Beer - Coach Art is a 2 time Ironman 70.3 finisher, ultramarathoner, and marathoner. He has done countless sprint and Olympic distance triathlons before taking the jump to the half-iron distance. He has coached Ironman 70.3 and Olympic distance triathletes for the past two years and is looking forward to getting his USA Triathlon Level 1 Certification this fall as well as tackling his first Ironman in '17. He will also be the craft beer curator for each clinic, which is arguably the most important role he will play.