Safety is our number one priority. And if one thing rings true more in 2021 than in any other year prior, it's that the health and safety of all participants will be our number one concern throughout the entire training season. Beyond that, get ready for the most exciting season of Official Cleveland Marathon Training ever. Welcome to 2021.
Safe & Responsible Group Training: A Community Effort
To ensure the safety of all participants, coaches, Fleet Feet Team members and everyone in our larger community, we've worked alongside local medical professionals, The Cleveland Marathon, and other local running groups to put in place a set of group running safety standards that we will all enforce throughout the 2021 season. These measures are specifically designed to keep runners safe before, during, and after group runs. We will enforce these standards consistently and no execeptions will be made throughout training because your safety is number one.
- The bedrock to COVID-19 safety is social distancing. We encourage all participants to separate themselves into very small groups or wait in vehicles before every run and head directly back to vehicle after. We know post-run socializing is often the fun part of our workouts, however we must accept this to be limited in order to host group running at any level. Frankly, we think it’s a fair trade-off for the time being.
Rolling Start Times:
- Every Tuesday evening we will host a complete rolling start with announcements and send-offs every 5 - 10 minutes between 6:30PM and 6:45PM. We will limit each group send-off to no more than 15 people.
- Every Saturday morning we will host a complete rolling start with announcements and send offs every 5 - 10 minutes between 8:00AM and 8:15AM. We will limit each group send-off to no more than 15 people.
- While not required when running or walking; masks are required before and after every group run, especially when congregating in small groups or in a store. All participants are required to carry a mask with them while running and are encouraged to put on when stopped for water or other mid-run breaks
- Moving away from the scannable keycard, all participants will register and check in and out using the Fitvil APP.
Runner Etiquette - Control the Spread and Spread Out:
- Participants are asked to limit running or walking in tightly packed single file lines except when necessary due to traffic or sidewalk limitations.
- Please give other runners and pedestrians a wide clearance and announce yourself and group when passing from behind or crossing head on
- No spitting, coughing or sneezing near the group - if you feel the urge, quickly remove yourself from the group (a good technique to practice at any time)
- In cold weather consider running with a Buff or other face covering for warmth and to prevent the spread of your breath
Water Coolers and Aid:
- Self Serve water coolers will be available during runs over 6 miles, however, no single use cups will be provided. Please bring your own water bottle or vest. Hand sanitizer, tissues, and trash bags will also be at every water cooler.
- No food will be available at water coolers and we encourage social distancing while stopped at coolers
Healthy Athletes Only:
- If you feel sick in any way, stay home or get your workout done solo. Do not risk the health and safety of an entire group.
If you have any question feel free to email our Training Group Coordinator at: Angela@fleetfeetcleveland.com