The number one way to improve your running speed, no matter your current speed, is to practice on a track with structured, coached workouts. This spring we're offering a 6-week program that will get you running fast once a week with a Coaches who will guide the group through organized, planned workouts to promote improved leg speed, high end cardiovascular efficiency, turnover, and running form.
Beyond just the running, our Coaches will walk you through proper pre and post-run stretches, muscle activations, and dynamic strength movments to further prepare your body to run faster than you ever have before, specifically in the 5K, 10K and Half Marathon distances.
Where & When
Wednesday Evenings at 6:00PM & Saturday Mornings at 7:00AM beginning on May 19.
- Wednesday workouts at Woodward Technical Career High School Track (map)
- Saturday workouts at Fleet Feet Fifty West & Lunken Airport Path
What You Get
- Timed, week 1, 4 and 6 two-mile time trial to track and monitor progress.
- Progressive weekly coached workouts designed to improve your threshold speed and cardiovascular efficiency
- Weekly speed, flexibilty, and strength drills along aimed to improve running mechanics
- Weekly Coaches email providing schedule and training updates
- Six weeks of challenging and rewarding fun on a track with other local runners of all abilities