Don't let the name scare you off, if you can complete a 2-mile run then SpeedPlay is for you! Our SpeedPlay Training Program is a great way to stay race ready and mix up your weekly running miles while becoming a more well-rounded runner. The 6-Week SpeedPlay Training Program is offered twice a year, once in the winter/spring (February-April) designed to compliment our Flying Pig or other marathon training programs and once in the summer/fall (August-September) designed to compliment our fall half-marathon, 10K or 5K training programs.
These speed workouts are aimed to make you a faster, more efficient runner or run/walker. During SpeedPlay you will not only be coached on how to execute and benefit from a variety of unique track workouts, but also on how to maintain good form when running at a harder intensity. We will even cover topics like ideal race hydration, dynamic warm ups, cool downs, and body maintenance products that supplement faster workouts.
- 6 week program (6 group workouts on Thursdays)
- Workouts are held at Woodward Career Technical High School
- Workouts begin August 12 @ 6 pm and go through September 16
- Weekly drills and mechanics training
- Coached weekly workouts designed to improve your threshold speed and cardiovascular efficiency
- Strength Training workouts focused on improving your core strength and stability
- Weekly Emails from the coaches including educational tips.