Don't let the name scare you off, if you can complete a 2-mile run then SpeedPlay is for you! Our SpeedPlay Training Program is a great way to stay race ready and mix up your weekly running miles while becoming a more well-rounded runner. The 7-Week SpeedPlay Training Program is offered twice a year, once in the winter/spring (February-April) designed to compliment our Flying Pig or other marathon training programs) and once in the summer/fall (August-September) designed to compliment our fall half-marathon, 10K or 5K training programs.
These speed workouts are aimed to make you a faster, more efficient runner or run/walker. During SpeedPlay you will not only be coached on how to execute and benefit from a variety of unique track workouts, but also on how to maintain good form when running at a harder intensity. We will even cover topics like ideal race hydration, dynamic warm ups, cool downs, and body maintenance products that supplement faster workouts.
- 7 week program (7 group workouts)
- Workouts begin on August 8 and go through September 19, 2019
- Track location = Woodward Career Technical High School
- Weekly email outlining that weeks workout, any special activities and coaching tips
- Weekly drills and mechanics training
- Coached weekly track workouts designed to improve runner threshold speed and cardiovascular efficiency
- Weekly email from coach including exclusive Fleet Feet specials
- 7 weeks of fun on a track with other local runners of all abilities!