Safety is our number one priority. And if one thing rings true more in 2021 than in any other year prior, it's that the health and safety of all participants will be our number one concern throughout the entire training season. Beyond that, get ready for the most exciting season of Official Heart Mini and Official Flying Pig Training ever. Welcome to 2021.
Safe & Responsible Group Training: A Community Effort
To ensure the safety of all participants, coaches, Fleet Feet Team members and everyone in our larger community we've worked along side local medical professionals, The Flying Pig Marathon, Heart Mini and other local running groups to put in place a set of group running safety standards that we will all enforce throughout the 2021 season. These measures are specifically designed to keep runners safe before, during and after group runs. We will enforce these standards consistently and no execeptions will be made throughout training because your safety is number one.
- The bedrock to COVID-19 safety, through social distancing, we encourage all participants to separate themselves into very small groups or wait in vehicles before every run and head directly back to vehicle after. We know post-run socializing is often the fun part of our workouts, we accept that this must be limited at this time in order to host group running at any level. Frankly we think it’s a fair trade off for the time being.
Rolling Start Times:
- Every Tuesday & Wednesday evening we will host a complete rolling start with announcements and send offs every 15 - 20 minutes between 4:30 and 6:30PM. We will limited each group send-off to no more than 25 people.
- Every Saturday morning we will host a complete rolling start with announcements and send offs every 15 - 20 minutes between 7:00 and 9:00AM. We will limited each group send-off to no more than 25 people.
- While not required while actually running or walking masks are required before and after every group run, especially when congregating in small groups or in a store. All participants are required to carry a mask with them while running and encouraged to put on when stopped for water or other mid-run breaks
- Moving away from the scannable keycard, all participants will register and check in and out through our new app-based contactless platform, Captyn.
Runner Etiquette - Control the Spread and Spread Out:
- Participants are asked to limit running or walking in tightly packed single file lines except when necessary due to traffic or sidewalk limitations.
- Please give other runners and pedestrians a wide clearance and announce yourself and group when passing from behind or crossing head on
- No spitting, coughing or sneezing near the group - if you feel the urge, quickly remove yourself from the group (a good technique to practice at any time)
- In cold weather consider running with a Buff or other face covering for warmth and to prevent the spread of your breath
Water Coolers and Aid:
- Self Serve water coolers will be available during runs over 6 miles however no single use cups will be provided. Please bring your own water bottle or vest. Hand sanitizer, tissues and trash bags will also be at every water cooler.
- No food will be available at watercolors and we encourage social distancing while stopped at coolers
Healthy Athletes Only:
- If you feel sick in anyway, stay home or get your workout done solo. Do not risk the health and safety of an entire group because you have a seasonal cold or flu or worse