Running Changes Everything
If you're new to running or walking and are simply looking to learn the best training practices and workout with a fun group that will train you to get across the finish line, we're the group for you. Whatever your goals, experience level or pace, our twice-annual 5K and 10K has got you covered.
Two Sessions to Choose from in 2024
- Spring (January - May)
- Fall (July - October)
While we offer this program twice each year we have many participants who come back for more sessions or switch into some of our other programs like half or full marathons.
Although the workouts are different, the beginner participants are part of our spring and fall marathon and half training programs and will enjoy all of the same perks, benefits, discounts and fun events as every one else! To us, it's not how fast or far you walk or run, it's that you're getting out there and making it happen.
Spring 2024 Session Details
Our goal race is the Heart Mini 5K in March and the Flying Pig 5K or 10K in May and Hyde Park Blast in June! or you can simply gain the abilty to run/walk for 4+ miles at the end of our training session.
Progressive weekly training schedule to follow, each with a very specific training focus. Each week we build upon the last - slow, steady and consistent - achievable for everyone.
Two fully supported weekly workouts with the Mentors & Head Coaches. Spring training starts on Tuesday, January 9th and Wednesday, January 10th.
Fleet Feet Blue Ash
- Tuesdays, 6PM
- Saturdays, 7:30AM
Fleet Feet Newport
- Wednesdays, 6PM
- Saturdays, 7:30AM
Tuesday & Wednesday evening workouts will begin with 10-15 minutes of strength training followed by our run and walk.
Saturday morning workouts will begin with a 10-15 minute Educational Session.
- Up to 3 fully supported weekly group runs and walks with Mentors (on road support) and Head Coaches
- Optional social/self led runs out of Fleet Feet Newport location on Thursdays
- Fully supported routes with weekly turn-by-turn route cards, elevation profiles and maps
- $20 Fleet Feet Gift Card (in-stores only)
- Exclusive Team Fleet Feet Training Program ASICS Training Tech Tee
- Exclusive Team Fleet Feet Training Program ASICS Training Hoodie
- Complimentary pair of Feetures Elite Running Socks
- Social events hosted by Asics
- Weekly email newsletter with all necessary training information, coaching tips, exclusive events and shopping opportunities
- Post run Rooted Grounds Coffee
- Direct access to Oxford Physical Therapy for injury prevention and screenings
- MOST IMPORTANTLY participating in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family, and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness.
Race Day Amenities
- Covered group meeting spot near the start line race morning
- Secure bag and gear drop area to keep your pre and post race items safe
- Post race celebration area complete with food, drink, snacks (much much more than the usual post-race banana)
Other Helpful Resources:
- Our Training Program Safety & Weather Policy
- Training Program Refund Instructions & Policy
- Training Program Minors, Strollers & Dog Policy
- Training Program FAQ's
- Send us an email question
Become a Mentor
Our graduates also make GREAT Mentors! If you have done at least two 5Ks, and are interested in helping others cross the finish line of a 5K, mentoring could be a great fit for you. CLICK HERE to learn more about what being a mentor entails, and to fill out an application.