Safe & Responsible Group Training: A Community Effort
To ensure the safety of all participants, coaches, Fleet Feet Team members and everyone in our larger community we've worked along side local medical professionals, The Flying Pig Marathon, Heart Mini and other local running groups to put in place a set of group running safety standards that we will all enforce throughout the 2021 season. These measures are specifically designed to keep runners safe before, during and after group runs. We will enforce these standards consistently and no execeptions will be made throughout training because your safety is number one.
- The bedrock to COVID-19 safety, through social distancing, we encourage all participants to separate themselves into very small groups or wait in vehicles before every run and head directly back to vehicle after. We know post-run socializing is often the fun part of our workouts, we accept that this must be limited at this time in order to host group running at any level. Frankly we think it’s a fair trade off for the time being.
Rolling Start Times:
- Every Tuesday & Wednesday evening we will host a complete rolling start with announcements and send offs every 15 - 20 minutes between 4:30 and 6:30PM. We will limited each group send-off to no more than 25 people.
- Every Saturday morning we will host a complete rolling start with announcements and send offs every 15 - 20 minutes between 7:00 and 9:00AM. We will limited each group send-off to no more than 25 people.
- Masks On:
- While not required while actually running or walking masks are required before and after every group run, especially when congregating in small groups or in a store. All participants are required to carry a mask with them while running and encouraged to put on when stopped for water or other mid-run breaks
- Moving away from the scannable keycard, all participants will register and check in and out through our new app-based contactless platform, Captyn.
Runner Etiquette - Control the Spread and Spread Out:
- Participants are asked to limit running or walking in tightly packed single file lines except when necessary due to traffic or sidewalk limitations.
- Please give other runners and pedestrians a wide clearance and announce yourself and group when passing from behind or crossing head on
- No spitting, coughing or sneezing near the group - if you feel the urge, quickly remove yourself from the group (a good technique to practice at any time)
- In cold weather consider running with a Buff or other face covering for warmth and to prevent the spread of your breath
Water Coolers and Aid:
- Self Serve water coolers will be available during runs over 6 miles however no single use cups will be provided. Please bring your own water bottle or vest. Hand sanitizer, tissues and trash bags will also be at every water cooler.
- No food will be available at watercolors and we encourage social distancing while stopped at coolers
Healthy Athletes Only:
- If you feel sick in anyway, stay home or get your workout done solo. Do not risk the health and safety of an entire group because you have a seasonal cold or flu or worse
Fleet Feet Racing Team 2021
Are you an experienced runner with a goal of faster times like a BQ? Do you seek a very structured workout schedule with intense sessions every week? Fleet Feet Racing Team Advanced Training Program is back after a massively successful first few years.
It's important to us that all levels of runners have a place to train and achieve their goals. While we strive to make sure our groups are welcoming to all runners and walkers we also want to make sure we offer a program for those who are training at a higher level which includes specific time or place goals like qualifying for the Boston Marathon or winning your Age Group at the Flying Pig Half or Full Marathon. While Fleet Feet Elite may not be for everyone, we certainly think having these folks within our group will help raise the knowledge, inspiration and coaching levels of our entire program.
Members of Fleet Feet Racing Team will remain part of the larger Fleet Feet Running Club and receive all of the same benefits, but they will be lead by their Head Coach, long time St. Xaiver High School Cross Country Head Coach, Mike Dehring. Coach Mike will lead the group through a very structured and specific training plan that will cater to each individuals overall goal.
Fleet Feet Racing Team Details
- All invited Fleet Feet Racing Team Participants will receive program registration information upon acceptance
- Weekly Group Workouts beginning the first week of January 2021
- Wednesdays evening rolling starts between 6:00 - 6:30PM from Fleet Feet Oakley
- Saturdays morning rolling starts between 7:00 - 7:30AM from various local parks
- Fleet Feet Racing Team Coaching Update & News in weekly group newsletter
- Each participant will have a one-on-one conversation with Coach Mike or Jeremy to establish goals and help formulate a training strategy and plan
- Each participant will receive a Fleet Feet Racing Team ASICS Singlet
- Fleet Feet Racing Team Strava Group for athletes to share workouts and communicate
Fleet Feet Racing Team Qualifications
This program will run significantly more weekly mileage at a faster pace and incorporate more race specific workouts than our traditional program. If you are interesting in joining Fleet Feet Racing Team, please fill out this brief questionnaire so we can get to know you and your running a little better. It's very important to us that we get the right people into this program so that everyone's (coaches and runners) expectations are understood and met.