Welcome to HoliDAZE: 2020 Edition
No matter what, one thing is certain, Cincinnati runners will run. While COVID-19 has changed our normal group training routine, it will not change our desire to support our community one run at a time. With our new enhanced safety measures specifically designed for group training we are confident that every participant can join us with peace of mind knowing that responsibility and safety are our number one priorities.
Safe & Responsible Group Training: A Community Effort
To ensure the safety of all participants, coaches, Fleet Feet staff members and everyone in our larger community we've worked along side local medical professionals, The Flying Pig Marathon and other local running groups to put in place a set of group running safety standards that we will all enforce throughout the rest of 2020 and into 2021. These measures all specifically designed to keep runners safe before, during and after group runs. We will enforce these standards consistently and no execeptions will be made throughout training because your safety is number one.
- The bedrock to COVID-19 safety, through social distancing, we encourage all participants to separate themselves into very small groups or wait in vehicles before every run and head directly back to vehicle after. We know post-run socializing is often the fun part of our workouts, we accept that this must be limited at this time in order to host group running at any level. Frankly we think it’s a fair trade off for the time being.
Rolling Start Times:
- Every Tuesday & Wednesday evening we will host a complete rolling start with announcements and send offs every 15 - 20 minutes between 4:30 and 6:30PM. We will limited each group send-off to no more than 25 people.
- Every Saturday morning we will host a complete rolling start with announcements and send offs every 15 - 20 minutes between 7:00 and 9:00AM. We will limited each group send-off to no more than 25 people.
- While not required while actually running or walking masks are required before and after every group run, especially when congregating in small groups or in a store. All participants are required to carry a mask with them while running and encouraged to put on when stopped for water or other mid-run breaks
- Moving away from the scannable keycard, all participants will register and check in and out through our new app-based contactless platform, Captyn.
Runner Etiquette - Control the Spread and Spread Out:
- Participants are asked to limit running or walking in tightly packed single file lines except when necessary due to traffic or sidewalk limitations.
- Please give other runners and pedestrians a wide clearance and announce yourself and group when passing from behind or crossing head on
- No spitting, coughing or sneezing near the group - if you feel the urge, quickly remove yourself from the group (a good technique to practice at any time)
- In cold weather consider running with a Buff or other face covering for warmth and to prevent the spread of your breath
Water Coolers and Aid:
- Self Serve water coolers will be available during runs over 6 miles however no single use cups will be provided. Please bring your own water bottle or vest. Hand sanitizer, tissues and trash bags will also be at every water cooler.
- No food will be available at watercolors and we encourage social distancing while stopped at coolers
Healthy Athletes Only:
- If you feel sick in anyway, stay home or get your workout done solo. Do not risk the health and safety of an entire group because you have a seasonal cold or flu or worse
Still the Same
Despite the new protocol, we are so very excited to launch our adapted HoliDAZE program. What hasn't changed is the super fun, extra warm, holiday themed training program that will help you balance out all of the craziness of 2020 - and don't we all need that! We can't wait to see all of the familiar faces we've missed so much as well as welcoming on so many new folks to the Fleet Feet Running Club Family. All said, we are ready to begin training again in the most fun and safe manner!
What You Get
- Limited Edition Brooks "Holiday Sweater" Long Sleeve Technical Tee
- 6 Week Program with Virtual or In-Person training options starting November 10, 2020 through December 19, 2020
- 2 group runs per week at all store locations
- Tuesdays rolling start from 4:30-6:30PM Blue Ash
- Wednesdays rolling start from 4:30-6:30PM Oakley & West Chester
- Saturday rolling start from 7-9 AM Blue Ash, Oakley & West Chester
- Groups will be sent off every 15-20 minutes
- Masks and Social-distancing guidelines will be followed pre & post workout
- Weekly newsletter containing exclusive, motivational, and educational content, special offers & more
- Access to Exclusive FFRC HoliDAZE Facebook Group
- A fun holiday themed socially distanced event and/or challenge every week
- 3 Schedule options to prepare you for the 2021 Heart Mini & Flying Pig Training Season
- No Boundaries 5K & 10K Schedule - Longest Run: 4 Miles
- Half Marathon Schedule - Longest Run: 6 miles
- Full Marathon Schedule - Longest Run: 10 miles
- All the Rooted Grounds Coffee you can drink on Saturday morning!
- PLUS: several other surprise holiday treats along the 6 week journey!