It's gritty. You will get dirty, and you may get muddy. It's hilly. And, it's AWESOME. Our Trail Training Program returns for another great season. This is a unique training program specifically designed for trail runners; people who don't shy away from a rocky ravine, who don't mind splashing through a creek, and who look forward to spectacular views you only find on trails around the area. We will be sharing new content and taking the team on fun and challenging trails around the North State. This 10 week program will target your choice of the Paiute Meadows Half Marathon trail race, Muir Woods trail race or the Dirty Secret trail race all on May 11th, 2019. You will begin at about 7 mile and will be building to 14 miles!
Registration is now open!
Join our program and receive:
- Twice-weekly coached group runs
- A daily training plan for the 10 weeks of the program
- workshops on topics unique to trail running
- Field trips to North State trails
- Friendship and camaraderie with fellow runners
- Aid stations on some of the longer Saturday runs
- Earn Fleet Feet Miles for attending group workouts
Our supportive coaching team will provide you with the tools and training to be successful. The team atmosphere is always positive and you will meet others who love running trail running as much as you do. Whichever track you choose, get ready to meet some wonderful coaches, amazing mentors, and lots of other trail running fanatics!
Spring training program open house and information event: Tuesday, March 5th, at 6:15PM at Fleet Feet Sports. Meet the coaches, get information about the program, and get geared up with the latest trail running gear to start your training. Bring a friend! Please note that this is a very popular program and that space is limited, so register early.
Meeting times: Weekly coached workouts will be on Tuesdays at 6:15 PM and Saturdays at 7:30 AM (may be switched to 7:00am at coach's decision). Be prepared for a couple of out town Saturday runs. The first workout will be on Tuesday, March 5th at 6:15 PM (your kickoff meeting is your first run!).
Requirements: This program is for experienced runners. Team members must start the program injury free, wear and carry appropriate trail running clothing, shoes, and gear. To join this half marathon team, you must must have completed a recent 10K race (able to run 6 miles). This ensures the coaches can keep the group together and safe. We encourage team members to carpool to destination group runs. All participants must be at least 18 years of age. We will begin at about 7 miles and will build to 14 miles!
You get options this year! Choose from one of the following races that are all on May 11th, 2019
1. Cinderella Trail Race (Half Mar) in Oakland CA https://www.coastaltrailruns.com/cin_spr_cinderella.html
2. Paiute Meadows Trail Race (13.7) In Susanville CA http://www.paiutemeadowstrailrun.com/
3. Muir Wood Trail Race (Half Mar) In Stinson Beach CA https://raceroster.com/events/2019/18576/2019-muir-woods-marathon-half-marathon-7-mile
4. Dirty Secret Trail Race (10.3 mi) In Cool, CA http://dirtysecrettrailrun.com/
Registration fee: Registration for these teams is $99 until February 25th, 2019. Late registration is $115 ( 2/26-3/12). The program registration does not include race entry fees. March 9th at midnight is the final day to drop from this program and receive a refund. Programs are not transferable to a later date.
Space is limited - do not delay registration!
If you need additional information, please contact Shawna at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at (530) 345-1000.