Road Half Marathon Program - 2022
We are excited to offer our 2022 Bidwell Classic and Shamrock'n Half Marathon Training Program. This 9-10 week program will get you ready to run one of Chico's most popular and oldest race and/or one of Sacramento's most fun races of the year this coming spring. The Bidwell Classic will take place on March 5th, 2022 and the Shamrock'n will be held on March 13th, 2022. We are offering just one track for the half marathon program - Standard - you should be able to comfortably run 6 miles and be running 20 miles per week to join this group. This team will get $5.00 off the race entry fee to the Bidwell Classic.
Program Kick-off and First Run: Program kick off date is Saturday, January 8th at the Fleet Feet Chico store at 7:30am. Attendance for the program kick off is HIGHLY recommended.
Meeting Times: Weekly coached runs will be on Tuesdays at 6:15 PM and Saturdays at 7:30 am, at various locations around Chico. The first workout location is to be announced by your coaches via email and each workout afterwards will be announced via email as well!
Join our training program and receive:
- detailed daily training plan for the 9-10 weeks of the program
- twice-weekly coached group runs
- workshops on topics such as nutrition and hydration, pacing, running form, injury prevention and motivation
- hydration stations for long runs
- email support from your coaching staff
- A fun and motivating environment focused on reaching your goals
- Friendship of and camaraderie with fellow teammates
- Fleet Feet team tent and $5.00 off the race entry fee (Bidwell Classic)
- Custom Program Shirt
Our support supportive coaching team will provide you with the tools and training to be successful and to meet your personal objectives. The team atmosphere is always positive and you will meet others with the same aspirations as you. You may even meet a new best friend and running buddy...it happens all the time in our training programs!
Get ready to work with some wonderful coaches, amazing mentors, and lots of other people who want to lead a life of fitness.
Requirements: Standard - Runners must be able to run at least 6 miles, consistently running 20 miles a week entering the program. All participants must be injury free and be at least 18 years of age.
Registration Fee: Early Bird: $99 (Through December 31st, 2022) Late Registration: $115 (January 1st- January 11th). Online processing fees apply. The program registration fee does not include race entry. Please note that this program is limited to 50 participants, so register early. Last day for a refund is January 11th at 11:59pm.
Minimum Activity Level
- Ability to run 6 miles and currently exercising 3-5 times per week.
- Ability to run or run at a 12:30 min/mile pace or faster
If you have any questions about this program please email firstname.lastname@example.org