No Boundaries is our incredibly popular training program for beginner runners. Thousands of people have taken part in our No Boundaries programs. We've had people start with No Boundaries and then graduate to our 10K and then half marathon teams. We have even had a few people go all the way to the marathon, and you can too! No Boundaries is designed so that you will build mileage with a mix of walking and running gradually and after 8 weeks of training with your dedicated coaches, you will be able to run a complete 5k, and you'll have the camaraderie of others just like you. Get ready to be with a highly social and supportive team!
Program Informational Meeting and Fun Walk: Wednesday, September 9th at 6:15PM at Hooker Oak Park, by the restrooms. Meet the coach and mentors, get information about the program, and update your gear so you're ready to start your training. Bring a friend! We'll go out on a fun walk so you can get in a workout and see how the programs are structured. Please note that this is a very popular program and that space is limited to 20 runners/walkers, so register early!
Meeting times: Weekly coached workouts will be on Wednesdays at 6:15 PM and Sundays at 7:30 AM at various locations around Chico. The first workout will be held on Wednesday, September 9th at 6:15pm. The location for each run will be announced via email by your coaches!
Join our team and receive:
- twice weekly group workouts with trained coaches and supportive mentors
- a detailed 8 week training program
- workshops on the fundamentals of running
- incentives for participating in group run
- education, motivation and accountability
- inspirational team emails
- new friends and camaraderie - you may meet your new best friend on the team!
Our supportive coaching team will provide you with the tools and training to be successful. Our mentors provide inspiration and share their experience with team members. The team atmosphere is always positive and you will meet others with the same aspirations as you. You may even meet a new best friend and running buddy...it happens all the time in our training programs. Join the team and get ready to meet some pretty wonderful coaches, amazing mentors, and lots of other people who want to lead a life of fitness.
Requirements: You must be able to walk for 30 minutes and be healthy enough to start running upon entering the program. If you have a medical condition that may be affected by exercise, or you have an injury going into the program, you should get clearance from your doctor before starting this program. Children 16 years and older may register with a participating adult. This program always starts off with a mix of running and walking for your first workout and you will build your running endurance from there!
Goal race: Virtual Almond Bowl 5k on November 1st, 2020. The No Boundaries registration fee does not include the race entry fee.
To register for the virtual race click here : 2020 Almond Bowl 5k and 10k
Registration fee: Registration is $99.00
The last day to register is 9/16/20 at 11:59pm.
New Safety Measures
To keep all participants safe from COVID-19, we will follow a new set of rules at Fleet Feet training programs group training runs. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- When you arrive at the group training run, check in with your coach. Your coach will ask you to certify that you have not been exposed to COVID-19. Please wear a mask or face coveing during the check in process if you are unable to distance by 6 feet or more.
- Once you are checked in please maintain a 6-foot distance from other participants throughout the group training run. Please refrain from hugs, high fives, and other physical contact.
- Shared amenities will no longer be available at training programs group training runs. That means no cooler of water, no electrolytes, no foam rollers, etc. Please plan to bring everything you need to succeed.
- You will also not be able to leave any personal items in shared areas during your group training run. Please plan to bring all of your things with you, or plan to keep your things in your car.
- You will not be required to wear a face mask during your workout, but you are welcome to wear one if you would like to. If you plan to wear a mask, make sure you can breathe well enough to exercise while wearing it.
- Due to increased respiration after exercising, trainees will not be permitted into the store immediately after group training runs.
- Use the bathroom before you arrive at the group training run. Bathrooms will not be available at any group training runs unless otherwise noted.