Who says training and discovering the athlete hidden inside of you can't be fun? The CES professional coaches will help you run or walk faster and farther, feel better about yourself, get you in fantastic shape while having an enjoyable and great time doing it. We take an individual approach to understanding YOUR goals and definition of achievement, then coach you every step of the way.
We've created a custom, Training Program for the 5K (10-weeks) or 15K (12-weeks) distance designed to teach you how to start (and stick with) a successful running program. No experience necessary. If you're thinking, "I've never run before—is this program for me?", then we want you. If you can walk, you can join our program. If life got so hectic that fitness took a back seat to other circumstances and want to return to a healthy lifestyle, this is a great first step towards not only the old you, but a brand new you. We'll celebrate your achievements by participating in our target goal races:
Pumpkins In The Park 5K (Saturday October 24)
Hot Chocolate 15K (Sunday, November 8)
NEW in 2015!
- CES No Boundaries now meets twice a week! Evening midweek workouts will be designated for clinics, running form and shorter runs. Morning weekend runs will focus on pacing longer distanced run.
- 15K distance is available for those who are ready to move up to the next distance, but aren't quite up for a Half Marathon yet!
Follow the links below to find out about this innovative, enjoyable, and successful program!
- Open House Fun Run/Info Meeting
- Program Benefits
- Training Days & Locations
- Clinics & Seminars
- Coaching Staff
- How to Register
Open House Fun Run/Info Meeting
Chicago Endurance Sports will host an Open House at all four of our training locations. Attendees have the opportunity to walk, run/walk or run with the CES Running Mentors, meet and converse with CES Coaches, and register for training programs. Open House is free to those who RSVP.
Open House Dates/Times (early August) coming soon…
Not only do you get to have a great time, but you also get loads of cool stuff too:
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training (twice/week)—your choice of FOUR Fleet Feet Sports locations!
- Lincoln Square
- South Loop
- Old Town
- Custom, technical New Balance running shirt
- Exclusive CES Team Tent on race day
- Discounted Race Entry Fee for Pumpkins In The Park 5K
- Discounts/promotions from our partners:
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Exciting team social activities with your fellow participants
- and much more!
No Boundaries "Find Your Inner Athlete" is available at FOUR Chicago-area Fleet Feet Sports stores:
- SOUTH LOOP: Tuesdays 6:30pm and Saturdays 7:30am (150 W. Roosevelt, Roosevelt Collection)
- OLD TOWN: Wednesdays 6:30pm and Saturdays 7:30am (1620 N. Wells)
- ELMHURST: Wednesdays 6:30pm and Saturdays 7:30am (124 Schiller Street, Elmhurst)
- LINCOLN SQUARE: Thursdays 6:30pm and Sundays 7:30am (4762 N. Lincoln)
Pick the day and location that works best for you. If you can't make it to your regular location, you can join a group at another store and day. Feel free to visit another location if you're curious to see a different route and people.
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS:
Tuesday, August 18th: South Loop
Wednesday, August 19th: Old Town, Elmhurst
Thursday, August 20th: Lincoln Square
For more detail on what happens at those sessions, read below...
Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays — 6:30pm;
(meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These mid-week runs will focus on learning, improving your efficiency and form, strengthening and speed play. Our Coaching staff and Mentors will be present to help teach, challenge and motivation you. We'll start each session with a brief educational clinic/session to help you learn what you need for a successful running experience. Then we'll head out for an energizing workout.
Saturdays/Sundays — 7:30am;
(meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These workouts are reserved for longer, slow distance runs so important to the success of endurance runners. CES Alumni "Mentors" will guide you at the appropriate pace, as well as provide support and motivation from their own personal running experiences. Our coaches also run with you for motivational assistance with any concerns or questions that may arise during the run.
BONUS: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
If you want to attain your goals, you need to do more than put in the miles. Our expert speakers present clinics on a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- Training Tips — Getting Started, Having a Plan
- Mythbusters: Debunking common running myths!
- Running Shoes & Apparel
- Cross Training, Core Strength and Flexibility for Runners
- Tips for a successful race
- Sport Watch 101
- ...and more!
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they go the extra mile to make sure you have a successful training season and attain your goals! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to unforeseen circumstances
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
For more information on our coaches, click here.
Online registration is available at mindbodyonline.com by clicking on the link below:
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|5k Group Training||$99||$119|
|15k Group Training||$109||$129|
|Virtual Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|5k or 15k Virtual Training||$59||$79|
Please note: Your entry fee to the celebration race(s) is NOT included with this program.
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.