Half Marathon Training
Need a goal this winter? Join Chicago Endurance Sports and become a Winter Warrior.
The Winter Warriors Half Marathon Training Program is a 12-week training program through Chicago Endurance Sports, which trains its participants for a 13.1 mile climax using a personalized training schedule. Trainees have two options: group training and virtual training.
If you haven't been running, no worries, this is the perfect way to get 2018 off to a fit start. The program is built to maintain or improve your fitness — especially during the "challenging" holiday season. Oh, and let's not forget to mention the most important thing: It's a lot of fun. Join our program, and prepare for a half marathon, or, simply maintain your fitness over the winter, all while enjoying the company and support of your fellow Winter Warriors.
Training Dates & Location Options
The Winter Warriors program is available at four Chicagoland Fleet Feet Sports stores. You get to pick the location that works best for you. This also means that if you can't make it to your regular location, you can still join the gang at the other store. Group training sessions are held twice a week at each location:
- Tuesdays: 6:30 p.m. & Saturdays: 7:30 a.m.
- Fleet Feet Sports South Loop (150 W Roosevelt, Roosevelt Collection)
- Fleet Feet Sports Elmhurst (124 N. Schiller St., Elmhurst, IL)
- Wednesdays: 6:30 p.m. & Saturdays: 7:50 a.m.
- Fleet Feet Sports Old Town location (1620 N. Wells St)
- Thursdays: 6:30 p.m. & Sundays: 7:30 a.m.
- Fleet Feet Sports Lincoln Square (4762 N. Lincoln)
Weekday runs meet at your chosen Fleet Feet Sports store and focus on form, strength, and speed. Our coaching staff will be on hand to help teach, challenge and motivate you.
Weekend runs meet at your chosen Fleet Feet Sports store and are reserved for the long, slow distance runs that are so important to the success of endurance runners. Pace Leaders are available to guide you at the appropriate pace. Our coaches will also run with you to motivate and help with any concerns or questions that come up along the way.
To better manage the congestion of our weekend group runs out of Old Town only we have a separate start time for the run/walk program — 7:30am and the continuous run program 7:50 a.m. All other locations have a start time of 7:30 a.m.
First Group Training Session
South Loop: Saturday, October 28th
Elmhurst: Saturday, October 28th
Old Town: Saturday, October 28th
Lincoln Square: Sunday, October 29th
The Winter 2018 program is targeting two local races, the F^3 Lake Half Marathon in Chicago and the No Frills Half Marathon in Elmhurst and one destination option, the Key West Half Marathon in Florida.
- Key West Half Marathon: Happening on January 14th, the Key West Half Marathon is our official destination for 2018 — great weather, great friends and great running. See below for some of the benefits of training andtraveling with Chicago Endurance Sports.
- Discounted Rate at Margaritaville Resort & Marina - just blocks from the start and finish line.
- Discounted race entry.
- Team activities (some fees may apply).
- Pre-race shakeout run with coaches and teammates.
- Pre-race team dinner.
- Exclusive Mizuno Chicago Endurance racing shirt
- Post-race team social - first drink is on us.
- F^3 Lake Half Marathon: Happening on January 20th, the Lake Half Marathon is Chicago's premiere winter half marathon. Race entry is only $45 for training members.
- No Frills Half Marathon: TBD
Virtual Training Option
Do you live too far away? Can't make it to any of the group training sessions because of conflicts? Try our Virtual Training option. You'll receive your schedule online as well as a weekly email update with coaching tips, race updates and more. Most importantly, you'll have email access to our Virtual Team coaching staff, to help you through the season's ups and downs, answer your questions and provide motivation.
In order to keep the fees as low as possible, we do not include the Winter Warriors apparel incentive in the fees for the Virtual Training option.
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff too:
- A warm, dry place to start and finish the runs.
- Access to a private, safe-space Facebook group with your coaches and other training members.
- Professional, experienced coaches (more details)
- Custom, Winter Warriors apparel from Mizuno.
- Smart ID shoe tag.
- Discounts/promotions from our partners:
- Educational seminars and clinics (more info)
- Fun, team social activities:
- " Holiday Run", a fun group run, with prizes, yummy treats and more.
Our Coaching Staff
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season. Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level.
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form.
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general.
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe and effective manner.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for more information.