Fit Specialist: Oak Park
Working as a Sales Associate at Fleet Feet Sports Chicago is a lot like running, you are always in motion.
One moment you’re watching a person run and then recommending them the shoes that would work for them for their upcoming fitness goal, the next you’re fitting someone for a wetsuit for their first triathlon. You can be advising a customer on the different types of gels and bars to eat during their workout, then setting up and walking them through the new GPS unit they purchased. You can be helping your teammates set up for a fun run, or a packet pick-up for a Fleet Feet Sports signature race or vendor event for the evening, then offering a treat to one of our canine customers (Fleet Feet Sports is very dog-friendly.) When you work at Fleet Feet Sports Chicago you are always on the move, so we are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people who are will to go that extra mile to exceed the expectations of our customers and assist them in finding what they need, working as a team with your fellow associates to create an unimagined store experience.
This position is what drives our company’s collective progress. In this role you will be responsible for managing the overall customer experience. You will be interacting with customers, resolving customer issues and creating an upbeat, positive and inclusive work environment. Within the scope of this position, contribute to the company’s overall position as the leader in franchising locally owned and operated running stores that build thriving running communities.
- Work with customers to ensure the proper fit of footwear, apparel and accessories by utilizing our fit process; promote in-store events and training programs.
- Be proactive in learning the details of each shoe, apparel, and accessory line in the store, as well as the products fit and function.
- Work one-on-one and as a team to ensure each customer receives a unique customer experience from the sales floor to the cash wrap.
- Build genuine relationships with customers through active listening.
- Determine the customer’s needs and offer suggestions or alternatives.
- Help to maintain organization, cleanliness, and stock storewide.
- Be an ambassador for Fleet Feet Sports at all activities, functions, and events.
- Have FUN!!
- Other duties as required and directed by Fleet Feet Store Chicago to ensure the continued success of the Fleet Feet Sports brand. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
Willingness to go above and beyond when needed. Flexibility and positive reaction to change. Independent drive to meet and exceed sales goals. An overall understanding of what sets Fleet Feet apart and why customers come into the store. Ability to show customer service in all situations. Open availability including evenings and weekends. Retail experience is always welcomed.