Simply put, the Chicago running community wouldn’t be as great as it is without volunteers.
We partner with a large majority of Chicagoland races. From some of the largest races in the midwest such as the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle to the LifeTime Chicago Triathlon to some of the smaller charitable races in the city and suburbs.
Some of these races need your help so that all of their registered runners cross the finish line in an organized and safe fashion.
Fleet Feet Sports Chicago volunteers help the Chicagoland running community by:
- Working alongside race directors to facilitate the registration and hand out race bibs and t-shirts at coordinated packet pick-up events.
- Assisting race directors in the set-up of the race site so that the runners have an enjoyable experience.
- Keeping an eye on your gear at gear-check tents while others are running.
- Holding down the aid stations, handing out water and nutrition as runners pass by, cheering you on with encouragement.
- Serving as race marshals along the course, making sure runners are going in the right direction during the run.
- Draping the medals around runner’s necks at the finish line and congratulating them on an effort well done, and handing out post-race refreshments.
Fill out the form below to volunteer at a Fleet Feet Sports partnered event or other running events throughout the Chicagoland area. Not only will you be giving back to the running community in Chicago but you will receive awesome swag, accrue community service hours and have a great time.
We’ll send out an email to our volunteer database when we are in need of volunteers, so make sure you use an email you frequently check.