We are excited to announce our Summer 5K Running & Walking Program! Whether this is your first time running and/or walking, or you've gotten back into it - this program will get you running or walking a 5K over the 6 week period!
Our 5K Training group will hold you accountable, support you throughout your journey, and connect you with others who have similar fitness goals! Over the course of the training you can expect weekly newsletters, a training plan to follow, weekly workouts, and support of where you are now and where you want to go!
- 6 weeks of training
- Information session on Zoom on Thursday, June 3rd at 7 pm! RSVP here and we'll send you the zoom link!
- Program runs from Tuesday, June 8th to Saturday, July 17th!
- Program meets on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 in Carrboro, Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm in Durham, and on Saturday mornings at 7:30 am alternating between the two stores.
- We will train for the Beat the Heat 5K in Winston-Salem on Saturday, July 17th. You will receive a discount code to register for this race!
- All levels, all paces, all are welcome to join
- Cost: $60 (does not include the race registration fee)
Here’s what you get:
- 10 Week Training Plan, both beginner and intermediate level options
- Weekly Newsletter with tips, tricks, and support gear towards the 5K runner and walker
- Weekly workouts with your coach and fellow participants to engage socially, ask questions, and learn more about running and walking
- Private Facebook group to connect and chat with other 5K participants
- Technical Program T-shirt
- 10% in-store discount at Fleet Feet Carrboro & Durham
Why you should train with us:
- You will get support and accountability for completing workouts and building fitness
- We will cover lots of “how tos” like, warming up, cooling down, stretching, injury prevention, nutrition, hydration, breathing, form, motivation, and goal setting
- We make it fun! We’ll have weekly challenges and games that will keep it interesting and engaging
- You’ll be able to meet new people who have similar goals as you
- You receive a 10% discount on all purchases in-store for the duration of the program
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- We are still limiting group size to comply with all local and state mandates.
- All workouts and runs will have a virtual option in addition to an in-person option. If you do not feel comfortable meeting in-person we will gladly support you virtually - please reach out to email@example.com if you'd like to learn more about a virtual option!
- Masks are to be worn before and after workouts or anytime you are unable to be socially distanced.
- 6 feet of social distance will be required at all times.
- Please bring water/nuun/fuel with you to all workouts. We do not have the ability to provide communal water and/or nuun.