Introducing the PR Project, a training group dedicated to bringing out the best in each of us, through weekly workouts, coached runs, and year round training. Over the past couple of years we have fostered a training group called #mondaycrew, and this is our next evolution of that team!
We are united in our love and respect for the sport of running and express these attitudes by cultivating an inclusive community of self-motivated, competitive, and compassionate athletes of diverse backgrounds and paces. We embrace the challenges that training and racing present; consistently support our teammates in their goals and accomplishments; yearn to become better, faster, and stronger versions of ourselves; and share our joy with others by having fun throughout the process. While races and training looks a little different these days, we're still here to support you - whether in-person or virtual, we can help make your training productive, fun, and give structure to the weeks and months ahead.
- Start Date: Ongoing. Enrollment is based on a 14 or 24 week training plan and you are welcome to sign up at anytime in the year. Workouts will run from January to Early December, with an occasional suggested week off. **In-person and virtual options available!**
- Season Logistics: We will stagger all start times to separate our runners to maintain a safe distance between each other. You will receive a sign up sheet each week to pick your time slot, and will need to RSVP for each workout.
- Monday Nights starting at 5:30 pm - the UNC Track (we will mostly use the outer gravel loop)
- Thursday Mornings starting at 6 am - Bean Traders Coffee Shop off of the American Tobacco Trail
- Saturday Mornings starting at 6 am - Alternating locations between Carrboro, Chapel Hill, and Durham
- Goal Race: With so many races cancelled, we will be offering a number of Time Trials (5K, 10K, etc) over the course of the season to give you something to work towards and test your fitness.
- Cost: $160 for 14 Weeks or $250 for 24 Weeks of training.
This is a coached training group designed to:
- Help you physically and mentally prepare to run a personal best in a your choice of race
- Provide you with the training knowledge to become faster and stronger
- Build community and camaraderie to all participants who are looking to push their training to the next level
- Support all levels of runners training through the Pandemic
- 14 or 24 – week training program lead by knowledgeable coaches, where you have the option to meet up to 3 times a week with your group (see safety measures below related to COVID-19)
- Group training where you will be surrounded by other dedicated and driven athletes
- One-on-one Goal-Setting with the Coaches at the beginning of the season
- Your own Custom week by week Training Plan
- Pacing and Race Strategy Tips
- Access to Coaches via Zoom at least once a week outside of group workouts
- Monday Evening Speed workout at the UNC Gravel Loop
- Thursday Morning Tempo workout at Bean Traders Coffee Shop in Durham (stick around for coffee after)!
- Saturday Morning Long Runs around town, routes provided with options to circle back to your car for water/nuun/snacks
- Emphasis on Strength/Hill Training to help make you a stronger runner on a hilly or flat course
- Weekly Email Correspondence with workouts, training tips, and special offers
- Virtual physical therapists through partnerships with Balanced Movement Studio and ATI Physical Therapy
- Additional support through our Strength Training Partner at RunStrong Strength. You have the options to add personalized strength training sessions or strength train with the group. More details will be released once you register.
- Post Program Celebration - TBD due to COVID-19
- Monday Evenings starting at 5:30 pm – UNC Gravel Loop – Speed Workout
- Thursday Mornings starting at 6 am - Bean Traders Coffee Shop - Tempo workout
- Saturday Mornings starting at 6 am – Location Varies – Long Run - optional to do with the group/can do on your own
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- You will be required to RSVP for each run/workout, we will send out a sign up sheet each week. Each time slot will have space for 5 to 10 people.
- All workouts and runs will have a virtual option in addition to an in-person option. If you do not feel comfortable meeting in-person we will gladly support you virtually.
- We have one zoom meeting scheduled each week to touch base and provide the community and team support. Additional opportunities to zoom with your coaches for a check in or to get training advice are available!
- Masks are required before and after each run. You do not need to run with it on, but we ask that you carry it with you should you encounter a space where maintaining 6 feet of space is difficult.
- 6 feet of social distance will be required at all times.
- Please bring water/nuun/fuel with you to all workouts. We do not have the ability to provide communal water and/or nuun.
What to expect at Saturday Long Runs:
The Saturday Long run focus is on time on your feet. We use the long run to build up our endurance so that we can finish our distance races healthy and happy! Overall, these long runs should be at a very easy pace. We don’t want to race through the long runs because it will ultimately come to us feeling like we’ve ‘raced’ every weekend - our bodies will be tired and it increases the likelihood of injury. These long runs are supported with pre-determined routes, turn-by-turn directions, and access to your Coaches for questions, advice, jokes, etc. A sample route can be found here. Typically, we run loops from a central point so that we can have access to bathrooms/water in your car/coaches. This also allows our participants to train together, while doing different distances. **Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we will not be able to have communal water and nuun. We require you to bring your own to carry on the run and have at the end of your workout.**
Participants must be comfortable running at least 6 miles on their own and we recommend an average weekly mileage of at least 20 miles/week. Participants must be 18 or older. Please contact the Training Program Coordinator, Nora (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.