Introducing the PR Project, a training group dedicated to bringing out the best in each of us, through weekly workouts, coached runs, and year round training.
We are united in our love and respect for the sport of running and express these attitudes by cultivating an inclusive community of self-motivated, competitive, and compassionate athletes of diverse backgrounds and paces. We embrace the challenges that training and racing present; consistently support our teammates in their goals and accomplishments; yearn to become better, faster, and stronger versions of ourselves; and share our joy with others by having fun throughout the process. While races and training looks a little different these days, we're still here to support you - whether in-person or virtual, we can help make your training productive, fun, and give structure to the weeks and months ahead.
- Start Date: Ongoing. Enrollment is $60/month, and you are welcome to sign up at anytime in the year. Workouts will run from January to mid-December, with an occasional suggested week off. **In-person and virtual options available!**
- Season Logistics:
- Monday Nights at 6:30 pm - Alternating between the UNC Track (we will mostly use the outer gravel loop) and the Duke University Track
- Thursday Mornings at 6 am - Bean Traders Coffee Shop off of the American Tobacco Trail
- Saturday Mornings at 7 am - Alternating locations between Carrboro, Chapel Hill, and Durham
- Goal Race: Participant driven. We currently have participants training for 5K distances up to 50K+!
- Cost: $60/Month
This is a coached training group designed to:
- Help you physically and mentally prepare to run a personal best in a your choice of race
- Provide you with the training knowledge to become faster and stronger
- Build community and camaraderie to all participants who are looking to push their training to the next level
- Support all levels of runners training for various races throughout the year
- Program lead by knowledgeable coaches, where you have the option to meet up to 3 times a week with your group
- Group training where you will be surrounded by other dedicated and driven athletes
- One-on-one Goal-Setting with the Coaches at the beginning of the season
- Your own Custom week by week Training Plan delivered through the Final Surge platform
- Pacing and Race Strategy Tips
- Monday Evening Speed workout at the UNC Gravel Loop or Duke Track
- Thursday Morning Tempo workout at Bean Traders Coffee Shop in Durham (stick around for coffee after)!
- Saturday Morning Long Runs around town, routes provided with options to circle back to your car for water/nuun/snacks
- Emphasis on Strength/Hill Training to help make you a stronger runner on a hilly or flat course
- Weekly Email Correspondence with workouts, training tips, and special offers
- Support from our Community Partners in Physical Therapy, Strength Training, Nutrition, Yoga, and more!
- 10% discount available in-store
- Monday Evenings at 6:30 pm – UNC Gravel Loop or Duke Track – Speed Workout
- Thursday Mornings at 6 am - Bean Traders Coffee Shop - Tempo workout
- Saturday Mornings at 7 am – Location Varies – Long Run - optional to do with the group/can do on your own
- *all locations are subject to change depending on circumstances, you will be given each week's workout at the beginning of the week*
What to expect at Saturday Long Runs:
The Saturday Long run focus is on time on your feet. We use the long run to build up our endurance so that we can finish our distance races healthy and happy! Overall, these long runs should be at a very easy pace. We don’t want to race through the long runs because it will ultimately come to us feeling like we’ve ‘raced’ every weekend - our bodies will be tired and it increases the likelihood of injury. These long runs are supported with pre-determined routes, turn-by-turn directions, and access to your Coaches for questions, advice, jokes, etc. A sample route can be found here. Typically, we run loops from a central point so that we can have access to bathrooms/water in your car/coaches. This also allows our participants to train together, while doing different distances.
Participants must be comfortable running at least 6 miles on their own and we recommend an average weekly mileage of at least 20 miles/week. Participants must be 18 or older. Please contact the Training Program Director, Nora (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Carrboro