Training for a Half or Full Marathon takes a lot of dedication and hard work. We strive to make our training programs as supportive and informative as possible so that you feel empowered and ready to achieve your training goals. We’re thrilled to announce a new partnership with Registered Dietitian, Angela Fruik, to bring you a Nutrition Program that will coincide with our Fall 2021 Distance Training Program.
Over the course of the 15 week period you will learn all the ins-and-outs of fueling for your long distance endeavor! Nutrition is an essential part of your training cycle, and Angela will help you to develop the best fueling plan for your body and your mileage. This is perfect for anyone who is new to long-distance training, anyone who feels like they’ve plateaued in their training, or anyone who wants to take a deeper dive into getting the most out of your training! You’ll learn good fueling strategies, how to avoid “hitting the wall”, come up with a personalized fueling plan, and show up on the start line of your race - happy, fueled, and ready to crush your goals.
As part of this program you will receive:
- Content, information, and support provided by Registered Dietitian, Angela Fruik
- Four Group Zoom Sessions on the following topics:
- Zoom 1: Fueling before your run, and how/why it will make you a stronger runner
- Zoom 2: Promoting faster recovery with refueling strategies
- Zoom 3: How to use nutrition during your race to crush your goals
- Zoom 4: Hydration strategies and how to put it all together for Race Day!
- 15 minute one-on-one chat with Angela to go through your personalized Race Fueling Plan
- Email support from Angela throughout your training cycle
We will host the Zoom meetings on the following dates:
- Zoom #1 - Thursday, August 19th - 7 to 8 pm
- Zoom #2 - Thursday, September 9th - 7 to 8 pm
- Zoom #3 - Thursday, September 30th - 7 to 8 pm
- Zoom #4 - Thursday, October 21st - 7 to 8 pm
(We will record sessions and share to the group but strongly recommend that you are present for each as there will be time for questions at the end of the session)
Cost: $100 for the program as a stand alone program, or $75 as an add-on to another Fleet Feet Training Program. Program will be limited to 20 participants, so sign up today! Please email email@example.com for the discounted rate if you're interested in doing both programs.
About Angela: Angela is a Registered Dietitian with a Master of Public Health from UNC Chapel Hill. Her philosophy is that all foods fit into an active, healthy lifestyle, and she believes in an open-minded, flexible approach to nutrition. A long-time supporter and runner with Fleet Feet, she’s tackled many different races, including many 5Ks, Half Marathons, Marathons, and most recently a handful of Ultra-Marathons. Her favorite pre-run snack is graham crackers with peanut butter and honey. When she isn’t running, she enjoys visiting local breweries and bakeries and spending time with her husband and their amazing cat and beautiful rescue pitbull.
For any questions, please contact our Run Club Director, Nora, at firstname.lastname@example.org.