The Summer No Boundaries Program will be starting on May 5th in Carrboro and May 6th in Durham and meets every Tuesday or Wednesday night at 7pm and every Saturday morning at 8:30am for a total of 8 weeks. It will finish on July 4th for the Cardinal Track Club's Four on the Fourth race. The First sessions on the 5th and 6th are purely informational and will be held at the Carrboro or Durham store, there is no need to come dressed for a workout this night. Still not convinced? Join us for a FREE workout on May 9th at 8:30 am at Fleet Feet Carrboro. For a tentative list of dates and times, please refer to the program calendar by clicking here.
The cost for participating in the program is $100-$130 depending on whether you register for the race and program bundle. This includes insurance, New Balance labeled merchandise, on-site physical therapists and nutrition tips from Whole Foods. Registration fees will go up $10 after the free workout on May 9th.
We will be running two programs for this season - NOBO 1 for beginners hoping to complete the distance and NOBO 2 for intermediate runners who've already completed a 5K.
- NOBO 1 – Program for runners and walkers who want to build endurance for the race. Participants self-select groups which are divided by different walk/run intervals.
- Group 1 – Participants who are hoping to walk the distance (all walking)
- Group 2 – Participants who are hoping to introduce running into their routine (starts at 4 minutes walking, 1 minute running)
- Group 3 – Participants who are hoping to run/walk the distance (starts at 2 minutes running, 2 minutes walking)
- Group 4 – Participants who are hoping to run the distance (starts at 3 minutes running, 1 minute walking)
- NOBO 2 – Program for runners who want to work on stamina and advance their knowledge of training principles. Participants are divided into groups based on pace. We will not have groups doing run/walk intervals in NOBO II, the focus will be on continuously running the distance.
- Group 1 – Participants who are more than 12 min/mile
- Group 2 – Participants who are between 10-12 min/mile
- Group 3 – Participants who are less than 10 min/mile
For more general details about the No Boundaries Program, please click here to be re-directed to the main page. If you have any questions, feel free to email Nora, the Training Program Director - firstname.lastname@example.org.