The Winter 2018 Half and Full Marathon Training Program is a 15 week program which meets up to three times a week designed to prepare runners and walkers for their first ever endurance event or to help seasoned runners meet a new performance goal. This program will educate on endurance training principles, hydration and nutrition techniques, body awareness, pacing and running autonomy. This Winter 2019 season will be geared towards the Tobacco Road Marathon & Half Marathon and the Durham Women's Half Marathon, both on March 17th, 2019, as well as the Raleigh Half Marathon on April 14th, 2019. We'll also have training plans for any Winter/Spring race you choose - (for example, a number of our runners are targeting the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati, OH) our Coaches can help you train for any Fall race you choose! We'll run the program from January 1st through April 14th, which is the Tar Heel 10 Miler and Raleigh Half Marathon weekend.
- Information Session: December 18th at Fleet Feet Durham at 7 pm
- Start Date: January 1st, 6:30 pm (Durham) & January 2nd, 6:30 pm (Carrboro)
- Season Logistics: Tuesdays @ 6:30 pm in Durham, Wednesdays @ 6:30 pm in Carrboro & alternates between the two stores on Saturdays at 7 am
- Goal Race: Runners Choice - we can help you with any race you pick
- Cost: $125
Speed + Distance Training
The #mondaycrew Training Group started in 2014 as a training group for those looking to qualify or run the Boston Marathon. Our name comes from the camaraderie we've experienced in the intense Speed Workouts that are held on Monday nights as a nod to ‘Marathon Monday’. What started as a small group of 8 people has grown into a program we hold three seasons a year and has trained over 150 people. We like to focus our #mondaycrew seasons as listed below, but are more than happy to work with any distance, time or race goal:
- Winter/Spring - Marathon/Half Marathon/10 Mile Training (with emphasis on the Boston Marathon Qualifying or training for) - Starts January 8th, 2019.
- Summer - 10K/5K/Speed Training to help prepare for a fast Fall race, emphasis on Hot Weather Training - Starts May 13th, 2019.
- Fall - Marathon/Half Marathon/10K Training - Starts August 5th, 2019.