"Elevating other women is actually an act of self-interest: It’s not so lonely at the top if you bring others along." - from "How the 'Shalane Flanagan Effect' Works" by Lindsey Crouse, New York Times
Find your people here.
Come run with women of all paces and abilities and find your strong. We meet up on the first Friday of every month at 6:00pm at the Fleet Feet Carrboro location. Registration and Check-In begins at 6:00pm, the run starts at 6:30pm, any special events will start shortly after the run, ~7:30pm. We have a 3 mile and a 5 mile route, but you can run however far you please.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures:
You must RSVP to email@example.com to sign up for a time slot.
- Wave I: 6:30pm – 9:30 minute per mile pace or faster (8 person max RSVP)
- Wave II: 6:40pm – 9:30-10:30 minute per mile pace (8 person max RSVP)
- Wave III: 6:50pm – 10:30 minute per mile or slower (8 person max RSVP)
Groups will leave ON TIME to ensure space between groups and avoid mingling.
Socially Distanced Pub Run Rules:
1. Per the Orange County ordinance, masks are required when you cannot remain 6 feet from others. Since this will be a challenge in a group setting- you must carry a mask or buff on your person at all times and pull it up when you are within 6 feet of another pub runner or if you are passing someone on the run. Bring your own mask or buff. If you do not have one, Fleet Feet Carrboro has masks for sale for $12 and buffs for $18.
2. All participants must sign an updated waiver before being able to participate. I will have a hard copy for you to sign in person, please arrive 3-5 minutes before your designated Wave Time so that you can sign this! I will disinfect the pen used in between every signature.
3. All participants must RSVP for their time/ pace slot ahead of time. You must RSVP for your slot every month.
4. Social distancing will be enforced at all times. Participants must remain 6 feet apart from other participants and members of the community. No high fives, hugs, fist bumps, etc. We will meet outside of Fleet Feet Carrboro instead of inside, so that we have lots of fresh clean air surrounding us!
5. Water, a key box, etc. will not be provided. Participants are responsible for their belongings.
In addition to the run, we will have various special events geared toward women throughout the year such as self-defense clinics, women’s specific strength training tips, sports bra fitting nights, and women’s nutrition tips. At each meet up, we will also have a brand representative so you can test new product.
Registering ahead will save you time when you get there, and it will also put you on the email list where you can receive monthly updates on special events and learn more about the run club.
Please reach out to Aubrey, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions, ideas of what you would like to see at the women’s run club, or suggestions.
We look forward to running with you!