Buffalo Winter Warriors
THIS PROGRAM IS FREE, FUN AND OPEN TO EVERYONE!!!!
Tuesday, December 31st - Friday, February 28th
Our goal is to help keep you having fun all winter long with weekly workouts, challenges, themes and more. And Winter Warrior is here to do just that. This is the BEST time to get outside and get fit! You will make new friends, accomplish fitness goals, and have fun!
The group workouts and challenges are completely FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE, but registration is required.
How this “Winter Warriors" Works
The program consists of two key pieces and a fun bonus challenge. Point Collection, and BINGO!
Bonus Challenge: Saucony Winter Dozen Challenge REGISTER TODAY
To collect points, check-in with FITVIL at the weekly workouts, special events and races. We will track your points and keep you updated on how you’re doing. These points will earn you SnowDough! SnowDough will earn you shopping discounts, and will be awared when you reach, 50 points, 75 points and 100 points. Earn up to 3! We will recognize and award our top point scorers at the end of the program on Friday, February 28th. *once you reach your SnowDough points we will award the SnowDough on the following Friday.
Monthly BINGO Challenge
Each month we will introduce a "BINGO challenge". Pick up a bingo board, keep it with you and we will stamp it at the free group workouts as you accomplish each task. Fill in your entire board and receive a momento of your success!
Bonus Challenge for January Only
Saucony Winter Dozen Challenge. Start date: January 6th - January 31st. Your goal is to record 3 workouts each week using the Strava app between January 6th and 31st. Workouts must be 10 minutes or longer. All participant must download the Fleet Feet Rewards App and complete the Strava Challenge to receive a prize from Saucony.
Download Strava and Register here
Download Fleet Feet Reward App. here
- Mitten Monday Workout, 6PM – 7 pt. (3 miles)
- Wintery Wednesday Workout, 6PM - 7 pt (3 miles)
- Flannel Friday Workout, 6PM - 7 pt. (3 miles)
- Snowflake Saturday Workout, 9:30AM. 7 pt. (3 & 5 miles)
- Special Event Workouts (Resolution Run, etc.) 10 pts each.
- Featured Races (Winter Warrior Half, Quarter Marathon & Relay) – 20 pts.
- *Special Point Events may be added at any time.
As a Winter Warrior you will receive:
- Incentives for attending workouts and earning points
- Fun events and themed workouts
- A warm place to start and finish your workouts
- Weeks of winter training to keep you motivated through the holidays and in shape for the spring
- Exclusive Winter Warrior communications to keep you up-to-date with themed workouts and events
- Camaraderie and support for workouts during the winter!
Winter Warriors Rules:
- Once you sign up there is no opt out, you’re in! IT’S FREE!
- You must be responsible to check in via FITVIL with your scan tag to earn your points at Fleet Feet Sponsored events and runs.
- You MUST do the prescribed workout for the day – no checking in and heading off to do your own workout!
- No starting early, nor late. A group workout means workout out with a group. Love each other!
- For evening workouts we require a headlamp and reflective clothing!!! Bright colored clothing always recommended! Safety First!
- Follow rules of the road and proper running etiquette at all times.
- NO WHINING!
- NO selling, buying, bartering, giving, donating, stealing, bargaining, haggling, negotiating, swapping, trading (or equivalent to these words) for points.
- Read the Winter Warriors emails.
- Absolutely no spiked/studded shoes inside ANY store.
- You must support each other through Winter Warriors.
- You must have fun!
Questions about the Winter Warriors Program? Contact Winter Warrior Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org