The FREE summer program to get you or keep you in shape for the summer & the fall racing season
Spartan: A person of great courage and self-discipline. How disciplined are you to get or stay in shape? You choose where your journey will take you!
THIS PROGRAM IS FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE!
Our goal is to help keep you committed to running and walking through the summer. This foray is here to motivate, support and encourage summer activity and self-discipline to remain or get into shape. We are in this together and look forward to reaching new goals with you. We will be tracking your points and YOU will be tracking your mileage to earn rewards!
Program Dates: Monday, June 11 – Monday, August 27, 2018
Kickoff is Monday, June 11 at 6PM at Fleet Feet.
Spartan Celebration is Wednesday, August 29 at 6PM at Fleet Feet.
This group program is completely FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE, but registration is required.
How to become a Summer Spartan, a person of great self-discipline...
The program consists of two key pieces. Point Collection and Honor Miles.
To collect points, check-in with FITVIL at the weekly workouts, special events and races. We will track your points and keep you updated on how you’re doing. These points will earn you discounts to use at Fleet Feet. Point collection is between Monday, June 11 and Monday, August 27
YOU select a goal destination or miles that your feet will take you during YOUR foray. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your total mileage using the honors system. We provide a weekly log to help. But please use your Garmin, MapMyRun, iPhone or whatever works best for you. On the FREE online registration form please indicate the total distance you would like to cover this session. And then, being active on your own, and using all our group workouts and activities, track ALL your mileage run or walked between the start and end dates of the program which count towards your total! At the end of the program we’ll see how we all did in meeting our goals!
To earn the Fleet Feet Running Club Spartan Badge:
- Collect 50 points.
- Meet your honor mileage goal.
Where/How to collect points:
- Monday Fun-Day Workouts at Fleet Feet, 6PM – 3 pts.
- Wednesday Speed Workouts at Fleet Feet, 6PM – 5 pts.
- Saturday Distance Workouts at Fleet Feet, 8:30AM (3, 5 or 10-mile option) - 3 pts.
- Special Event Workouts (Time Trials, “Running Games”, Special Routes) – 5 pts.
- Special Event Run/Walks (Pub Runs, TBD Runs.) – 10 pts each.
- A nice group workout to start the week and to build your miles
- Fun group workouts to help develop speed and endurance
- Group workouts to help you build your endurance
- Different workouts to help you test yourself
- Fun and relaxing, social group workouts at local establishments
**Special Point Events may be added at any time.
Incentives for collecting points and mileage tracking
- 50 points earns you a 10% shopping discount at Fleet Feet (some exclusions apply)
- 75 points earns you a 15% shopping discount at Fleet Feet (some exclusions apply)
- 100 points earns you a 25% shopping discount at Fleet Feet (some exclusions apply)
We will award a voucher once you reach the point values above.
* IF you gather 50 points and meet your predicted mileage goal you will be awarded a Spectacular Fleet Feet Running Club Spartan Patch at the final night Celebration on August 29th!
As a Summer Spartan you will receive:
- Incentives for attending workouts and earning points
- Entry into raffles
- Fun events and themed workouts
- A stupendous place to start and finish your workouts
- Weeks of summer training to keep you motivated and in shape for races
- Exclusive Summer Spartan Facebook Page to keep you up-to-date with themed workouts and events
- Camaraderie and support for workouts during the summer!
Summer Spartan Rules:
- Once you sign up there is no opt out, you’re in! IT’S FREE!
- You must be responsible to check in via FITVIL with your scan tag to earn your points at Fleet Feet Sponsored events and workouts.
- You MUST do the prescribed workout for the day – no checking in and heading off to do your own workout!
- Honor Miles are OUTDOOR Foot WORKOUT MIles only
- No starting early, nor late. A group workout means workout out with a group. Love each other!
- For evening workouts, we require a headlamp and reflective clothing if applicable and hydration for runs longer than 5 miles!!! Safety First!
- Follow rules of the road and proper running etiquette at all times.
- NO WHINING!
- NO selling, buying, bartering, giving, donating, stealing, bargaining, haggling, negotiating, swapping, trading (or equivalent to these words) for points.
- Read the Summer Spartan communications.
- You must support each other through this foray.
- You must have fun!
- Earn the Fleet Feet Running Club Spartan Badge!
Questions about the Summer Spartan Program?
Contact Spartan Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org