Have a Turkey Trot on your horizon? Do you feel the need for speed? Want to work on a strong finishing kick at the end of a race? Whether you currently run a 7 minute mile,11 minute mile or a 13 minute mile, Fast to Feast Speed Camp will get you stronger and speedier plus prepare you to be fast and for the post Turkey Trot feast. Hence, Fast to Feast. No matter where your Turkey Trot is (or any other event), this 6 week program will meet once a week and will provide you with speed workouts and education that are essential for your training schedules. Working from your current starting point, Speed Camp will help develop speed - as well as prepare you for an upcoming race.
Commitment: 6 weeks on Thursdays from 6-7PM
- October 11th (6-7:15PM) at Fleet Feet - this one is 75 minutes as it is kickoff night
- October 18th at Delaware Park
- October 25th at Hoyt Lake
- November 1st at Delaware Park
- November 8th at Hoyt Lake
- November 15th at Fleet Feet
Current Fitness Level: must have a current weekly base of 10-15 miles, be able to run 3-4 miles comfortably and be able to run a 13 minute (or faster) mile
Start Date: October 11th and ends November 15th
Locations: Noted above but include Fleet Feet, Delaware Park & Hoyt Lake
Class Format: one weekly coached 60 minute workout plus education segment on various running topics
- Week 1 - Baseline Running Test with drills education plus Overview of Program and Expectations. This class is 75 minutes as we want to make sure everyone is properly checked in, understands the program, the first baseline workout.
- Week 2- Workout with dynamic stretching and form drills education
- Week 3 - Workout with education on recovery stretching
- Week 4 - Workout with education on trigger point stretching
- Week 5 - Workout with education on Strength Conditioning
- Week 6- "Final Exam" Baseline with post program Badge Ceremony and Party
Speed Demon Badge: If you attend 5 of the 6 workouts you will be eligible to earn the Speed Demon Badge
Cost: $30.00 by October 5th then $40 after. Registration closes at 6PM October 18th. Sorry but No Refunds, nor transfers.