Commitment: 12 weeks (offered spring, summer, fall)
Current Fitness Level: must be able to walk briskly for 30 minutes
The Learn To Run 5K program is designed to guide you safely and effectively into running, while learning valuable information on healthy living. Perfect for people who don't run at all, have a hard time starting, or are unsure of what to do. This program starts out walking and slowly builds into running, preparing you for a 5K (3.1 mile) race.
Start Date: Tuesday, September 26th at 6PM at Fleet Feet Sports
Locations: Fleet Feet Sports and various locations throughout Buffalo, including Delaware Park, Niawanda Park, Knox Farms, and the Amherst Bike Path.
Class Format: 2 weekly coached and mentored workouts
- Tuesdays at Fleet Feet Sports, 6PM
- Saturdays at different locations in Buffalo, 8AM
- Flexible training schedule
- Workoutlog online training tool
- A safe, supportive environment for all athletic abilities
- 2 weekly coached and mentored workouts
- A custom New Balance No Boundaries technical shirt
- Great camaraderie and friendship
- Supportive and encouraging coaches and mentors
- Voucher booklet of savings for in store purchases
- Online private group Facebook page
- After program graduation party
Graduation Information: The graduation race is the Freezer 5K on Sunday, December 10th or a 5K of your choice.
Free information session dates:
Tuesday, September 19th. 7 pm at Fleet Feet Sports.
Cost: $100. Price increases to $110 on Sunday, September 24th.
Refund Policy: Upon refund request, a $20 administrative fee will be deducted from the original price paid.