Do you have experience running or walking and have a passion for sharing your knowledge and experiences with others?
We are currently looking for experienced runners to become one of our famous Mentors for our No Boundaries Training Program. Our premium programs would not be possible without our spectacular Mentors! If you have a passion for helping others achieve their personal athletic goals in a positive, organized, and fun environment, and love Fleet Feet, consider becoming a Mentor.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is one of the most valuable resources to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet. As a Mentor, your main responsibilities include: providing support and guidance to your group, offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group, provide on road safety support, keeping an assigned approximate pace while running, and educating participants about the benefits that Fleet Feet has to offer. A Mentor is a training tool for the participants for the fact that you can provide personal experiences, wisdom, and other general tips when it comes to training for half marathons, full marathons, and other racing events.
Mentor's help guide the participants and the training runs on Tuesday evenings at 6 PM and Saturday mornings at 8 AM
- Has run at least one 5k
- Able to attend the majority of group training runs and walks (this will be discussed in further detail if you’re selected).
- The understanding that the training focus is on the participants, and not themselves
- Can maintain a desired pace AND has access to GPS watch for pace guidance
- Can attend a mandatory training seminar at Fleet Feet (Date/Time TBA)
- Has excellent communication skills and a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Has an email account and is willing to use it for training purposes
- Has a strong understanding of the Fleet Feet business and is a customer of Fleet Feet
- A special Mentor shirt to be worn visibly for Tuesday and Saturday workouts
- A warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you made a difference in someone’s running/training
- Volunteer Card good for in-store savings depending on the number of volunteer days
- Ability to gain points through the new Fleet Feet App in order to gain awards and prizes
- Access to similar in-store perks as program participants, such as special shopping days or events