Do you have experience running or walking and have a passion for sharing your knowledge and experiences to help others achieve their goals?
We are currently looking for experienced runners or walkers to become one of our famous Mentors for our No Boundaries & WalkCrew Training Program. Our premium programs would not be possible without our premium Mentors! If you have a passion for helping others achieve their personal athletic goals in a positive, organized, and fun environment, and love Fleet Feet, please consider becoming a Mentor.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is one of the most valuable resources to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet. As a Mentor, your main responsibilities include: providing support and guidance to your group, offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group, provide on road safety support, keeping an assigned approximate pace while running, and educating participants about the benefits that Fleet Feet has to offer. A Mentor is a training tool for the participants for the fact that you can provide personal experiences, wisdom, and other general tips when it comes to running, training, health, wellness, and other racing events.
Mentor's will help with workouts on Tuesday's and Saturday's. We will travel around to different locations each Saturday. Runs start on Saturdays at 8:00 am and Tuesdays at 6:00 pm for the Spring Program.
- Has experience running or walking for health, fitness, or training
- Able to attend the majority of group training runs and walks (this will be discussed in further detail if you’re selected).
- The understanding that the training focus is on the participants, not themselves
- Can maintain a desired pace AND has access to GPS watch for pace guidance
- Can attend a mandatory training seminar at Fleet Feet (Date/Time TBA)
- Has excellent communication skills and a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Has an email account and is willing to use it for training purposes
- Has a strong understanding of the Fleet Feet business and is a customer of Fleet Feet
- A special Mentor shirt to be worn visibly for Saturday workouts
- A warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you made a difference in someone’s running/training
- Volunteer Card good for in-store savings depending on the number of volunteer days
- Ability to gain points through the new Fleet Feet App in order to gain awards and prizes
- Access to similar in-store perks as program participants, such as special shopping days or events