The Big Run 5K
June 5th | 6:30pm | Wilkeson Point, Buffalo Outer Harbor
Registration is Closed as it is Sold Out!
Ready to run in the biggest Fleet Feet event ever? Welcome to The Big Run!
On June 5, Fleet Feet locations nationwide will hold a local 5K race. All results will funnel up into a national leaderboard to determine: who is the fastest runner in the country?
But speed isn't the only thing that counts. We want to see the whole community participate because, seriously, running together rocks. Let us recap the ways:
- You get to join Fleet Feet communities across the country participating in a nationally-coordinated event in different locations all on the same day.
- It's on a Wednesday—who couldn't use a mid-week pump-up?
- Every finisher gets a medal. Not just any medal. A very cool, make-your-friends-jealous medal.
- Post race food AND A beer!!
- We know some people. And some pretty cool brands (cough, cough, Brooks). Let's just say, we're planning some fun raffle giveaways and category prizes.
- Professional chip timing provided by YellowJacket Racing
The Big Run coincides with Global Running Day and is open to runners of all levels and abilities.
Post race food & drink specials:
- Provided with registration: Hamburger/hot dog, chips, granola bar and first beer
- Additional food/drink available for purchase at the Pointe Beer Garden
|Event||1st - 150th Registrant||151st - 300th Registrant||301st - 400th Registrant|
|The Big Run 5K||$25||$30||$35|
Registration is capped at 400 participants - so register early!
Registration opens March 1st at NOON
- Tuesday, June 4, 12pm-7pm, Wednesday, June 5, 10am-2pm at Fleet Feet Buffalo (2290 Delaware Ave, Buffalo)
- Wednesday, June 5, 5pm-6:30pm at Wilkeson Pointe, Buffalo Outer Harbor ( 225 Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo)
- Individual Awards to the top 3 Overall and top 3 in 5 year age group
Can't run but still want to be involved? Come cheer on your fellow Buffalo runners and volunteer at the event! We are seeking volunteers to help at Finish Line, Road Marshals, & Water Stops. We are currently all set for volunteers, come cheer!
Address: 225 Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14203
Parking: Available at the Buffalo Outer Harbor
Directions: There is construction - Here is the WKBW story that explains the road closures (https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/construction-to-begin-on-the-skyway-once-again)
Please be aware. The Buffalo Skyway (Route 5) from the 190 to Ohio Street, is closed.
FROM THE NORTH - Participants using I-190 South to get to Wilkeson Pointe should take exit 5 for Louisiana Street, turn left on Louisiana St., Continue on to Ohio St to Fuhrmann Blvd. Right onto Fuhrmann Blvd, destination will be down Fuhrman Blvd on Left.
Other option includes: from NY-33 take Oak St Exit, merge onto N Oak St. Turn Left onto Seneca St, Right onto Michigan Ave, Left onto Ohio St, Right onto Fuhrmann Blvd. Destination will be down Fuhrman Blvd on Left
FROM THE SOUTH - If coming from the south towns please take exit 5 off I-190 North - ramp turn right onto Hamburg. You then take a right onto South Park and then a left onto Louisiana Street, Continue on to Ohio St to Fuhrmann Blvd. Right onto Fuhrmann Blvd, destination will be down Fuhrman Blvd on Left.
Or use Tift St exit off Hwy 5, at Circle head towards Fuhrmann Blvd. Destination will be down Fuhrmann Blvd on Left
Course map available here!