The Big Run Buffalo 5K presented by Michelob Ultra
Saturday, June 10, 2023
Lakeside Complex (Outer Harbor), 825 Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14203
This week, Fleet Feet locations across the country will participate in the The Big Run, a nationwide event coinciding with Global Running Day. All results will funnel up into a national results board.
- You get to join Fleet Feet communities across the country participating in a nationally-coordinated event in different locations.
- A short sleeve t-shirt Guaranteed by May 23rd
- Post-race food (hot dog/chips/cookies)
- One Free Beer Ticket for those 21 and up.(must show ID)
- Plus National Awards, National Social Media Awards and Race Specific Awards Categories
- Professional chip timing by YellowJacket Racing
The Big Run is open to runners of all levels and abilities!
The course is a stunning view along the pathways of Outer Harbor overlooking the lake
By registering for this event you are acknowledging that the date, time, location, and distance of the race may be changed, switched to virtual, or canceled at any time as deemed necessary by the Race Directors due to circumstances beyond their control. In the event that any of these scenarios happens or any other scenario, there will be no refunds, transfers, or deferrals allowed unless otherwise stated.
The Big Run Shirt with Registration
Guaranteed by May 23rd
Friday, June 9, 12pm-6pm at Fleet Feet Buffalo (2290 Delaware Ave, Buffalo)
Day-of Pick-up: Saturday, June 10th 8:00am-8:45am at Lakeside Complex (Outer Harbor), 825 Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14203
Please note: If you register after 8AM on June 9th, your packet will be ready on race day at the race site
Big Run Buffalo 5K Awards
Top Male & Female, plus Top in 5 Year Age Groups - 19 & under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Up
National Prize Categories
Consistent with previous years, a national leaderboard will be created based on the times from all 5K events in the country
We will award 18 timed-based prizes as well as four social engagement prizes.
Time-Based Categories and Prizes Include:
- Sub 15-minute finishers
- We will randomly select 2 winners from this finisher group to receive a $500 Fleet Feet gift certificate. This group includes finishers with a time of 14:59.99 and below.
- Between 15:00- and 20-minute finishers
- We will randomly select 3 winners from this finisher group to receive a $500 Fleet Feet gift certificate. This group includes finishers with a time between 15:00.00-19:59.99.
- Between 20:00- and 30-minute finishers
- We will randomly select 5 winners from this finisher group to receive a $500 Fleet Feet gift certificate. This group includes finishers with a time between 20:00.00-29:59.99.
- 30:00-minute and beyond finishers
- We will randomly select 8 winners from this finisher group to receive a $500 Fleet Feet gift certificate. This group includes finishers with a time from 30:00.00 and above.
Instagram Engagement-Based Categories and Prizes Include:
In addition to prizes for race completion, we will also offer prizes to participants who post on Instagram. In order for a runner’s Instagram post to be submitted correctly:
- It must use the hashtag #TheBigRun, which is how we are compiling entries
- If a runner posts a photo with #TheBigRun5K or #TheBigRunBuffalo, it will not be included
- It must come from a public Instagram account
- If a runner posts a picture and uses the correct hashtag but the account is private, it will not show up in the hashtag search
Categories and Prizes Include:
- Start Line Selfie: Celebrating the journey (and challenge) of making it to the start line, we’ll award one winner with an engaging selfie and story post with a pair of Shokz Headphones.
- First-Time Finisher: Based on the honor system, we’ll award a finish line post from a first-time 5K finisher with a Therabody recovery tool.
- Parent Power: We’ll award one Thule stroller to a creative post displaying parent strength.
- Support Squad: We’ll give away one Ragnar Relay team entry to a fun group post.
Winners will be contacted and sent their prizes directly. We will also share winners with stores the week of June 12.
The Big Run Finishers – NYC Marathon Bib Sweepstakes
Michelob ULTRA is offering all The Big Run finishers a chance to win a NYC Marathon bib and Team ULTRA running gear
There is no day-of registration for this event. Please plan accordingly.
|Event||4/1-5/14||5/15-5/31||6/1-6/9 at 5PM|
|The Big Run 5K||$30||$35||$40|
Can't run but still want to be involved? Stay tuned for Volunteer Opportunities as we get closer.
Parking is available at the Lakeside Complex (Outer Harbor), 825 Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14203
Address: 825 Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14203
Parking: Available at the Buffalo Outer Harbor
FROM THE NORTH - Participants using I-190 South to get to Wilkeson Pointe should take exit 5 for Louisiana Street, turn left on Louisiana St., Continue on to Ohio St to Fuhrmann Blvd. Right onto Fuhrmann Blvd, destination will be down Fuhrman Blvd on Left.
Other option includes: from NY-33 take Oak St Exit, merge onto N Oak St. Turn Left onto Seneca St, Right onto Michigan Ave, Left onto Ohio St, Right onto Fuhrmann Blvd. Destination will be down Fuhrman Blvd on Left
FROM THE SOUTH - If coming from the south towns please take exit 5 off I-190 North - ramp turn right onto Hamburg. You then take a right onto South Park and then a left onto Louisiana Street, Continue on to Ohio St to Fuhrmann Blvd. Right onto Fuhrmann Blvd, destination will be down Fuhrman Blvd on Left.
Or use Tift St exit off Hwy 5, at Circle head towards Fuhrmann Blvd. Destination will be down Fuhrmann Blvd on Left