Wednesday, July 8, 2020
My Big Run kicked off our Sizzlin' Summer Run Series.
My Big Run is a national Fleet Feet Virtual Run in celebration of Global Running Day on June 3. Our July and August Sizzlin' Summer Runs are local 5K events. This year registration is separate for the national June race and our local July/August events.
June 3 - My Big Run - Sizzlin' Summer Run #1
July 8 - July Sizzlin' Summer Run #2
August 12 - August Sizzlin' Summer Run #3 & Kids Run
PLEASE READ RECENTLY UPDATED RACE INFO BELOW:
Our intent is to host the 2020 Fleet Feet Sizzlin' Summer Run Series #2 on July 8th. The race will be conducted within the framework of all health and social distance guidelines. Therefore, the race will have a much different look and feel than previous years. As a participant, it is your responsibility to understand the rules of participation and follow them to help ensure more races in our area can be successfully run. The information presented is likely to be refined as race day approaches.
Goal: To give runners a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No registration at pick-up or on race day will be available for any reason.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• The start waves are 6:00PM, 6:10PM, 6:20PM, and 6:30PM. Each wave will have a limit of 25 participants - for a FIRM race participant cap of 100 runners/walkers. Can't remember what start time you picked, click "FIND A PARTICIPANT" atop this page.
• Pickup of your race bib prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Available at Fleet Feet Bloomington during normal business hours July 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th, and 7th.
• Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will automatically start.
• Aid Stations: A self service water station will be available. Consider running with the nutrition/water that you will need to successfully finish the 5K run. Products are available at Fleet Feet Bloomington that make the carrying of water while running extremely manageable.
• It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the trail. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 10 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 10 feet behind and then 10 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the trail.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants can pick up their finisher's medal under the pavilion and then will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
• Results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• There will be no age group awards given out for the 2020 race.
• Results will be updated throughout the evening at www.ItsRaceTime.com
• Anyone not registered for the race and included in the limited head count, including family members, will not be permitted in the registration area or the start/finish area. The introduction of additional people will put us over the maximum allowable number of attendees.
Race questions? Contact Julie Sibley at 309-808-3220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org