Your Perfect Next Goal: Train to Run a 10K!
The 10K (6.2 mile) training group will fine tune an athlete who has already built up to a three mile distance. Groups will be led by a running coach and mentors to be sure that your questions are answered and routes are guided. This program is designed to provide a solid foundation for running longer distances, therefore is the perfect program for those who eventually would like to train for a half marathon or marathon. Sessions will include weekly education on a variety of training techniques to further build enjoyment in your run and improve your performance. Clinics covering a wide range of issues on health, wellness and nutrition from the area’s leading experts will highlight your continued development as a runner. The group will sign up and run a 10K race together (price of race not included in the training).
- Tuesday 6 p.m. Speed work
- Saturday 8:30 a.m. Long run
Why run with Fleet Feet Sports?
- Dedicated support and individual attention from your coaches
- 10% discount on everything in the store for participants
- Clearly marked courses
- First Aid certified staff
- Information clinics on topics such as proper footwear, injury prevention and nutrition from local experts
- Weekly e-mails and closed Facebook encouragement group
- Group Technical T-shirts
- Group Focused Race (not included in the cost of the program)
- FREE Runner's Evaluation at Specialized Physical Therapy (valued at $125)